[SOLVED] Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,

So I've had my gaming pc for a while now.

It runs fine but recently did a factory reset and followed this guide afterwards;ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJTCwSX9Ym8&list=WL&index=5&t=0s it was fine and so I left it on just downloading a game a few days later, nothing unusual. I came back to it on but no signal on monitor and no power to keyboard and mouse. I've tried going back to a restore point before following the youtube video and still not working so I don't think that's the problem.

Operating System - Windows 10

Device - Zoostorm Computer

Specs -

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Video Card #2NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

RAM16 GB

Operating SystemWindows 10

But it had been working fine, the only thing I could think of is if I had a pre-existing virus or something that was causing this but surely that would've done this sooner. Anyway, right now when I turn my pc off it does the above again, power to the pc but no keyboard or mouse power and no signal to keyboard. I have figured out that if I take one stick of RAM out (I have two 8gb RAM) and start it up on just one it all boots up and powers everything fine. I then it off, insert the other stick of RAM and start it up again and it works. But then I power it off at the end of the day and have to repeat those steps again the next morning. This has been happening for a week-ish now and it's just getting time consuming and annoying to do everyday.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ryag.

Solution
Any explicit wattage value?

Is there a model number?

The model number format being something similar to FSP* where * would be the wattage. Likely some other numbers/codes thereafter.

FSP:

https://www.fsp-group.com/en/product/PCPSU.html

Five years is old for a PSU and all the more so if the PSU has been heavily used to power a gaming PC with two GPUs.

Very likely that you need a new PSU.

Tally up the wattage requirements for all installed components. If wattage range is provided use the high end value. For the GPU's use the recommended PSU wattage.

Once the total value is determined add 25% more. How close is that final total to the existing PSU's wattage rating?

There are online calculators to help with...

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Very likely that the current PSU is unable to support the computer's power demands.

Especially with two GPU's installed.

May have worked for awhile - but overall a high constant power demand may have caused the PSU to fail in some manner.

Mar 26, 2020
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Very likely that the current PSU is unable to support the computer's power demands.

Especially with two GPU's installed.

May have worked for awhile - but overall a high constant power demand may have caused the PSU to fail in some manner.
I'm not 100% sure. It says FSP Group Inc on it, 200-240v. I've had it a long time, never changed it. Possibly 5+ years now. What would be the solution? putting in a new PSU?

Ralston18

Titan
Any explicit wattage value?

Is there a model number?

The model number format being something similar to FSP* where * would be the wattage. Likely some other numbers/codes thereafter.

FSP:

https://www.fsp-group.com/en/product/PCPSU.html

Five years is old for a PSU and all the more so if the PSU has been heavily used to power a gaming PC with two GPUs.

Very likely that you need a new PSU.

Tally up the wattage requirements for all installed components. If wattage range is provided use the high end value. For the GPU's use the recommended PSU wattage.

Once the total value is determined add 25% more. How close is that final total to the existing PSU's wattage rating?

There are online calculators to help with making similar determinations. Try two or three and look for a consensus value with respect to wattage.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS