PC Starting Issues

Nov 26, 2018
I don’t know what I did, but it’s running now. I blew the dust out of the PSU and after a few start up attempts it’s running. Don’t think this is a permanent fix. It does sound like it’s running a little rough.

xmd1997

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

It definitely can. However, I wouldn't rule out the CPU either, a pc should typically shut down or restart if the CPU starts to overheat. Does any error messages pop up on startup or bios? Have you recently modified your pc in any way the last in the week? Also if it is your PSU then I recommend using the paper clip trick to verify that it runs and works correctly.

Here's a youtube video demonstrating it, all you need is an unpainted paper clip. If it fails this test then it's definitely your PSU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU18uPlETCM

Nov 26, 2018
BIOS looked clean on start up. It asked to run the system in Safe or Normal mode, but I assume that’s because of the amount of times it tried to turn itself on. I’ll try the paper clip trick. The CPU is an Intel i7-7700k, it’s less than 2 years old. Same with my RAM. I’ll have to take it in and get it a look over. I didn’t build my PC myself. I had a professional company build it for me.