Question PC Starting, Stopping, Then Starts Again With No Issues

Jan 30, 2022
Hey guys,

I recently messed up my old CPU (2700x) and I got a replacement 3700x (prior to this incident, everything was working perfectly). Along the way, I also bought an AIO for the CPU, which is the one that is lit up blue. Originally, I already had my graphics card hooked up to another AIO via a GPU Mounting Kit (the white NZXT thing), which you will see as red. So there are a few issues.

First is that when I turn the PC on, it quickly turns off (no codes shown, turns off way too fast), but then it turns on again. After this short sequence, it then takes about 10 seconds before my other fans initiate. After all of this, my PC does indeed successfully boot into Windows, and all is well. But the entire sequence is very concerning...

I've got a video of it happening here:

https://streamable.com/5xxrwn

MB: x470 Taichi
Bios: v3.50
CPU: 3700x
Ram: 4x 8GB G.Skill 16G (2x8G) F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (although I initially had 2 sticks, and added another 2 about 1 year ago)
Graphics Card: GTX 1080
PSU: EVGA G3 750W Gold

All components aside from CPU and new AIO are about 3 or 4 years old.

Would appreciate some guidance, I've been losing my mind over this.

Edit: I also tried to OC the RAM, but my system really isn't having it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Smith
Hey guys,

I recently messed up my old CPU (2700x) and I got a replacement 3700x (prior to this incident, everything was working perfectly). Along the way, I also bought an AIO for the CPU, which is the one that is lit up blue. Originally, I already had my graphics card hooked up to another AIO via a GPU Mounting Kit (the white NZXT thing), which you will see as red. So there are a few issues.

First is that when I turn the PC on, it quickly turns off (no codes shown, turns off way too fast), but then it turns on again. After this short sequence, it then takes about 10 seconds before my other fans initiate. After all of this, my PC does indeed successfully boot into Windows, and all is well. But the entire sequence is very concerning...

I've got a video of it happening here:

https://streamable.com/5xxrwn

MB: x470 Taichi
Bios: v3.50
CPU: 3700x
Ram: 4x 8GB G.Skill 16G (2x8G) F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (although I initially had 2 sticks, and added another 2 about 1 year ago)
Graphics Card: GTX 1080
PSU: EVGA G3 750W Gold

All components aside from CPU and new AIO are about 3 or 4 years old.

Would appreciate some guidance, I've been losing my mind over this.

Edit: I also tried to OC the RAM, but my system really isn't having it.
That's nothing unusual or something to "loose your mind over."
Considering your "trouble" with RAM my opinion is that BIOS is doing "Memory training", trying to find with which memory settings to run with. Ryzen 3000 series have different memory controller so that RAM may not be best combo even if both sets are same but didn't come as one 4 stick kit.
Another thing, Ryzen is not really elated about 4 sticks of RAM at higher speeds and if RAM is running at base speed (2133MHz) that would explain longer pause.
Things to try, Make sure your BIOS is up to date (newest one) and set RAM manually to 2133MHZ.

Jan 30, 2022
Indeed, a pair o 2-module kits does not make a 4 stick kit certified to work at 'x' speeds...

You might start there, and see if the rig works fine with one or the other kits individually...

I have now tried both combinations of both sets in A2 B2, I am receiving the same results. I’m positive that the ram sets I used are the ones that came together.

i was actually wondering if it could be the wiring of the AIO and or fans. Because I have two AIOs, would i need to supply more power or anything like that?

Jan 30, 2022
That's nothing unusual or something to "loose your mind over."
Considering your "trouble" with RAM my opinion is that BIOS is doing "Memory training", trying to find with which memory settings to run with. Ryzen 3000 series have different memory controller so that RAM may not be best combo even if both sets are same but didn't come as one 4 stick kit.
Another thing, Ryzen is not really elated about 4 sticks of RAM at higher speeds and if RAM is running at base speed (2133MHz) that would explain longer pause.
Things to try, Make sure your BIOS is up to date (newest one) and set RAM manually to 2133MHZ.
Thanks for your reply. I’ve actually left the RAM on default, and have tried it at 2133MHz, unfortunately no cigar. Also tried to run both sets individually at 2x 8gb, but same behaviour. I’m hoping to update my BIOS as a last resort, especially since there is a chance that my half functioning 2700x may come back into this motherboard.