[SOLVED] PC starting up problems

SkyDuDe

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2014
Last few days my computer that has been build in 2014 has been doing some erratic startups, i've seen alot of things but this is a first to me so i'm looking for some advices.
So first things first the rig itself:
CPU - i5-4670k; not overclocked
CPU heatsink: Thermalright Truespirit 140 power
Thermal paste used: Artic MX-2
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
RAM: 2x GSkill-Ripjaws-8GB 1866MHz
GPU: Asus Rog Geforce Strix gtx 1050 ti 4gb OC
PSU: XFX 650w TS
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA III 64MB
SSD: Crucial MX100 256gb
SSD Plextor m8vc 256gb
Drive: Asus DVD-RW 24x

about the issue:
the system fails to start when I simply press the power button, after several attemps of clicking on it(either the one on the pc case and the one that exists on the motherboard) it manages to power up giving the 00 Q-code that means that the mb is not being used at all. after that i've cleared the CMOS, try to power it and manages to power on but it shutsdown in 2 seconds after some further attemps to power it on, it turns on and it executes post with no problems at all. I enter the bios because it got reseted and leave it everything standard, save and exit, and again the same thing no power up several attemps on the power button and it manages to post and go to the windows loading screen and it emmidiatly shuts down again. after doing this things over and over it manages to launch windows 10 and I can do everything normal play games etc etc. i've done some troubleshooting disconected everything and puting thogether again, reseated the cpu and the problem presists, this was 2 days ago, today i've did all that crazy things again to boot it up and now after being on windows on web browsering it shuts down randomly, my first tought was the cpu or gpu temperature but everything on order gpu on 30ºc and cpu at 29ºc also did a MEMtest and eveything was ok with the RAM, Also did a small test on the PSU on the 12 pin connector with the metal paper clip to see if it power it up and it does, unfortunaly i don't have multimeter to do further testing.

and that's it i'm open to advices and sugestions because i'm out of ideas right now, thanks in advance

Solution
Is this a XFX 650w TS Bronze or XFX 650w TS Gold?

The bronze is a pretty low quality PSU as a Tier D and the Gold is a Tier B which is good.

I'd say you have a PSU that is just dying slowly that degraded over time and can't give you the power you want without being unstable.
Is this a XFX 650w TS Bronze or XFX 650w TS Gold?

The bronze is a pretty low quality PSU as a Tier D and the Gold is a Tier B which is good.

I'd say you have a PSU that is just dying slowly that degraded over time and can't give you the power you want without being unstable.

Solution