pc starts but then stops and repeats automatically

b4rking

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hey guys,
Whenever I try to open my computer, the fans open, all of them, but very quickly they stop. Then the same thing happens infinitely and automatically.
I re installed the CMOS battery, RAM, motherboard cables, GPU. Any suggestions?
There is no output on screen either
Thanks

Solution
Very short and doesn't really help.The only thing i can say is test with other components,the psu the only real cheap option.I would replace the psu anyway looking at the quality.Might just solve your problem.
The motherboard is probably still not too old so going for an rma=>warranty is still an option there.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Give some more specs,like motherboard+cpu+gpu+ram,also want to know which psu=maker+model+wattage.

Could be the psu,could be the motherboard.The psu is the easiest to test.If you can lend one test with that one.Can also test with just one stick of ram if having two or more and test with each one,see if the ram has anything to do with it.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
So with testing two sticks of ram seperately with either alone it still doesn't work.
With the onboard gpu it still doesn't work.

Leaves the motherboard or psu imo.As asked can you test with another psu?

With reinstalling the cmos battery you took it out for a while? or just out and in very quickly? If very quickly take it out for about 5min.,then put it back,see if a decent clear cmos will do the trick but i doubt it.Worth a shot anyway.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Very short and doesn't really help.The only thing i can say is test with other components,the psu the only real cheap option.I would replace the psu anyway looking at the quality.Might just solve your problem.
The motherboard is probably still not too old so going for an rma=>warranty is still an option there.

Solution