Question PC starts for 1 second then dies ?

Jan 9, 2021
Well my base unit is two years old and I've a EVGA Supernova 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold PSU. Last week when I went to start the PC in the morning it came on for 1 sec with lighted fans etc, then dies, but the memory that is also lit up, stayed lit, but nothing else happened. When I tried to boot again it was ok. Then again this morning the same happened again, but it wouldn't start after trying quite a few times. So I unplugged the ATX connector from the mobo and a few other cables, tried again and the same. So I then tried to unplug all the cables from the PSU itself, plugged them in again, and now the PC boots again. I'm using it now, but have not tried to restart it again since I got it working earlier. The PC has been freezing lately, probably 3-4 times a week, then having to hard reboot, Do you think the PSU is faulty?

Jan 9, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I've rebooted several times today and it seems to work fine, ran the MSI Dragon Center tools and the 12v,5v and 3.3v are reading fine. Could be the mobo? It's MSI, never had any problems with them before and are renowned for their reliability. That's why I buy their GPU's and MOBOS. The PSU tester is arriving from Amazon tomorrow, so we'll see then. I've also flashed the BIOS today.

TRENDING THREADS