[SOLVED] PC start's lagging all the sudden.

Feb 12, 2020
After using PC for a while it's start's lagging all the sudden. So far removing one ram once in a while fixes it (I return the ram later) I have 4x2GB of ddr3 ram of 1333hz. I tried reinstalling windows several times. My temps seem to be just fine. Antivirus is not a problem and I cleaned all the temp and other junk files. I installed windows on both drives yet no help. I think it's the ram but not sure.

CPU: I7-870 2.93Ghz
GPU: RX 570 4GB
RAM: 4x2GB 1333hz ddr3
HDD & SSD
Brand New Windows 10 Home

Feb 12, 2020
You don't need to, memtest86 can be run when there is no lagging as well, because if there is a problem in the RAM, it'll be there even when your PC is not lagging, unless the problem is software-related. If the RAM is physically faulty, memtest86 can be run any time to find out those faults.
I couldn't run the program for unknown reasons, It looks like it's broken or something. Anyway I don't think that ram is necessarily the problem.

You probably downloaded to UEFI version. Try the legacy version.

MemTest86 V4.3.7 (OLD RELEASE)

As MemTest86 V8 supports only the newer UEFI platform, older PCs without UEFI support would be unable to boot MemTest86. In order to run MemTest86, PCs with legacy BIOS platform must use the older V4 release of MemTest86. The download links for the V4 downloads are still provided for those that prefer to work with the V4 bootable images.

https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm