PC Starts Perfectly but No Display! Help

injectant

Commendable
Mar 3, 2018
When I start up my pc all the fans turn on, keyboard and mouse. But nothing shows up on my monitor. I tried everything.... Removing the lithium battery and putting it back, cleaning the ram, cmos reset, hold the power button for 30 sec- 1 min. Also tried to use a different gpu, still didnt work.

Pc specs :
Xeon X5460
4 Gb ddr2 (2x2)
Gtx 660
asus lga 775 motherboard
evga 500w 80+ psu

What do you mean you made it?

It definitely is not. Look up X5460 and you will see that its socket, on Intel's own page, is LGA 771, while your motherboard is 775.

It is not at all compatible. Go to pcpartpicker, click system build --> Choose a CPU --> Bottom Left, click Show All Sockets --> Click LGA775, and you will see there is NO Xeon's in that family, meaning that your motherboard, which is LGA 775 will support no Xeons.

Solution
Jun 10, 2018
After many many hrs and nothing anyone suggested working we finally solved this today. Despite the fact the motherboard previously had the quad core running in my pc my sons new gaming pc he built had the same issues. I checked everything on the entire build we even tried an old core 2 duo processor still no avail. Then i realized we had 1 other processor 2 try despite the motherboard being made yrs later from an old Dell. The 1st dual core made a pentium D. Low and behold with a modern dvi dual monitor graphics card the pc came 2 life. Bios update 2 accept the quad core and good 2 go.