Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
Here are my specs:
Ryzen 3700x
MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB DDR4 3600 G-Skill Memory
1 TB Western Digital HDD
Seasonic 750W PSU

This has only happened while I'm playing Doom Eternal, so I'm not sure if there's any possible correlation, but here's what happens. My mouse will randomly stop working. Then the game will start to flicker in and out of the pause menu, as if the pause button is being spammed. I can alt-tab out of the game, but almost none of my applications work. I can open task manager, but when I try to click on anything, it closes automatically. I can't even power off my PC through the windows menu, and have to manually shut it down instead. The only high usage I noticed from task manager was from my HDD. Does anyone know what this issue could be?

Solution
How old is the PSU? You might want to see if your OS is pending an update while you should also see if the motherboard you're on is on the latest BIOS version). If you have a number of BIOS versions pending, please gradually update to the latest(don't jump to the latest version).

You don't have an SSD for your platform? What sort of disk usage do you see when the system is in idle and then when the system causes the epileptic episodes...?

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU? You might want to see if your OS is pending an update while you should also see if the motherboard you're on is on the latest BIOS version). If you have a number of BIOS versions pending, please gradually update to the latest(don't jump to the latest version).

You don't have an SSD for your platform? What sort of disk usage do you see when the system is in idle and then when the system causes the epileptic episodes...?

Solution

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019

PSU is roughly a year old, and my OS is fully updated. I don't have an SSD, but I want to get one. I wouldn't be surprised if my HDD is causing this issue. Usage fluctuates, but I've noticed it range from 60%-100% when this occurs. I haven't updated my BIOS in a while, so I'll try doing that. Thank you