Here's my spec before starting, not sure on some specifics, not at home atm -
Mobo: Asus Maximus Code XI
CPU: Intel i7-9700k
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence RGB Pro DDR4
SSD: Samsung 1TB EVO
HDD: 1TB WD 3.5 inch
PSU: Corsair 750W

So my issue is that when I start up my PC, it'll boot and the fans start going, then after 2-3 seconds, it'll shut off then boot back up. It does this twice, then finally boots a third time and stays on.
I upgraded my PC recently with the new mobo, CPU and RAM you see above. Before the upgrade it didn't used to happen.

I figured out that the issue only occurs when I turn off the power sockets on the wall. If I leave the sockets in the wall on after shutting it down, the next time I turn it on it starts up perfectly fine.

Sooo is it a power supply issue or some other issue? It seems like to me that when the power at the wall has been turned off, it's completely drained and when turned back on it's lacking some power and needs a bit to gather it.
In that case I tried turning on the wall sockets and leaving it for a good 10 minutes before starting the PC, this made no difference, but I guess it wouldn't since I haven't turned it on.

Bit of a weird one, any help? :)

Thanks,
Zac

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
It's a new mobo so maybe just needs reseating, good call though, will try tonight

Yeah the CPU and chipset suggest it's a relatively new system but it happens.

Usually when the battery is not working when you boot after completely turning the power off it would ask to enter BIOS and set parameters and such but sometimes the system reboots a few times and then it's OK.

I've even seen iffy/DOA batteries on a brand new motherboards out of the box. Sometimes they get a bad batch and some of the batteries die quite soon. Let's hope it's the battery.

Zak32

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2014
Yeah the CPU and chipset suggest it's a relatively new system but it happens.

Usually when the battery is not working when you boot after completely turning the power off it would ask to enter BIOS and set parameters and such but sometimes the system reboots a few times and then it's OK.

I've even seen iffy/DOA batteries on a brand new motherboards out of the box. Sometimes they get a bad batch and some of the batteries die quite soon. Let's hope it's the battery.

I didn't get the chance to try it last night, can give it a go this weekend. But what you said sounds about right, will let you know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS