Question Pc starts up slow and after 30 min of usage freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2020
So until today my pc was running smoothly and haven't had any major problems. It's 5 years old but i changed the gpu a year ago and the cpu is still decent in 2020.

So here is the problem. Today i was playing some games and went to get a shower after i returned to the pc, i tried to play a youtube video i left open before i left the pc. Well i click and nothing happens. Then my mouse started lagging and dissapearing,then it just froze and i turned it off from the power button. I left it for 10 minutes then turned it on, the fans started spinning for 2-3 seconds then it turned off and turned on again. After that it did not output anything on the monitor for atleast 5 minutes and the fans were almost at full speed. It finally boots up and everything runs normally so i start ps4 remote play and start playing games on it. After maybe 20-30 minutes of playing it started lagging and pixelizating remote play's stream. I closed remote play and the system sudennly starts lagging again and it froze again and i turned it off from the power button again. Every time i tried to turn it on it did the same thing i said earlier.

I cleaned it up as much as i can and swaped the ram into the other slot but nothing happend same thing as before.

Here are my componets:
Mobo:Asus h81m plus
GPU:Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8gb
CPU:intel core i5 4570 3.2 ghz(turbo boosted to 3.6)
Ram:adata 8 gb 1600 mhz ddr3
Psu:the one that comes with my pc case 600w (i don't remember the exact name of my case but i know it's cooler master case that costed about 85 $ in 2015)

I think the problem might be the psu but i'm not 100% certain so any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.