[SOLVED] PC Starts Up, Then Screen goes Blank and PC goes Unresponsive

Jan 9, 2019
I recently completed my new pc build. It works great then i decided to overclock my 2700x. It was fine at 4.1ghz so i went to 4.2 with the stock cooler, when i loaded into windows it worked fine then i started my benchmark and both my screens went blank, my corsair fans went to their default rgb setting. The computer was on though. I tried to make it go to sleep, shut it down, press the reset button, but nothing happened. After waiting for around an hour I turned off my power supply then turned it back on, and restarted my computer. I went into BIOS to change it back to 4.1ghz but it was already set back to that. So i went back into windows but after a minute the screens went black and the same problem occurred. I repeated my steps by just turning off the power supply but every time i got into my desktop it would do the same thing. I went into BIOS on boot (the blank screen doesn’t happen when i’m in bios for some reason) and i set the settings back to default. Same problem. I took out the CMOS and put it back in to reset the BIOS settings. It reset the BIOS, but the pc still has the same problem. My BIOS is also up to date. I still had the side of the case off when I tuned it on, and right before it went blank again I heard the CPU fan start buzzing. It isn’t hitting anything and it is not overheating either. I have enough case fans and there is a lot of airflow. Please help this was very expensive.

Solution

It more sounds like some files have corrupted due to your first power cut… But not so sure. Can you reinstall the OS and see whether you can catch the same thing… if it does then I will explain you what to do so.

Solution