PC startup error

bushtucka

Prominent
Mar 30, 2018
Hey everyone,

I randomly turned on my Windows 10 PC to find this lovely message

"WINDOWS FAILED TO START. A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MAY BE THE CAUSE. TO FIX THE PROBLEM:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer"

If you don't have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: a required device isn't connected or can't be reached"

Could anyone please help me in fixing this? By the way, I don't have an installation DVD.

SPECS:

Motherboard: LGA775 G41m-ES2l

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050

CPU: Intel Core 2 duo e7400

8GB RAM

Thank you!

Solution
on mother boards the cmos battery hold the default setting and date and time. if this battery goes bad at post windows does not know what hardware is in your pc till it reset all of the hardware. on your new error from another pc download the boot iso of memtest86 make a bootable usb stick and boot from it and run memtest. missing files like the one you posted can be a sign of bad ram or failing hard drive.

bushtucka

Prominent
Mar 30, 2018

idk if it's weak or bad, but also I don't quite understand what you are saying about losing cmos settings, date and time or mb resetting devices. NOTE: My PC is a desktop PC.

Also, there's an error that comes up when I go to the "Memory Diagnostics" and that brings up an error which says memtest.exe is missing and a code which says 0xc000000f.

on mother boards the cmos battery hold the default setting and date and time. if this battery goes bad at post windows does not know what hardware is in your pc till it reset all of the hardware. on your new error from another pc download the boot iso of memtest86 make a bootable usb stick and boot from it and run memtest. missing files like the one you posted can be a sign of bad ram or failing hard drive.

Solution

bushtucka

Prominent
Mar 30, 2018

Thank you, now I understand.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
do you need the files on the hardrive? if not you can get on another computer download windows 10 for free and put it on a usb memory and install it from the usb. go int your bios and change boot order to the usb memory first.

bushtucka

Prominent
Mar 30, 2018

Can I download them on a Mac an then put them on? Because it does say there are missing files and smorizio's answer does make sense.