TheKerangMan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
My RTX 2060 is kinda factory hot.average 80C when gaming(full load) and fan just ran at 50's %! So i undervolt it and set up fan to run at 70% and saved it to a profile using MSI Afterburner.. Everything runs accordingly..back to default if i shut down and restart the PC.. Until yesterday i found out it's not working as usual.. PC restart with my custom profile with fan running @70% eventhough i've unistalled MSI Afterburner and reinstalled with new default reset setting!
I don't want this coz it's annoying to hear loud fans and have to open MSI Afterburner,reset it everytime u startup PC just to surf the web.. Please help,thanks in advance..

Solution
I guess it does have fan controls in there now, so that's new. No idea if it works any differently than other GPU utilities though. It may likely require being open to work as well in which case it is no different in that regard from Afterburner which has been around a LOT longer and likely offers features not found in Geforce experience. But true, it does have some new options in there IF, IF you use the game overlay. Many may not want to use the Geforce game overlay.
You open the setting over the ingame overlay but you don't have to have it enabled. from my experience it works fine. Maybe you should give it a try too, pretty neat what they did with the horrendous software.
For ALL of the GPU control programs, you MUST go into the settings for that program and set it to startup with Windows. There will NEVER be any custom fan controls unless the program is running. If you do have it set to start with Windows, which is doubtful since you said "annoying to have to open MSI afterbrner and reset it everytime" which tells me that it is not automatically running.

Reactions: TheKerangMan

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
My RTX 2060 is kinda factory hot.average 80C when gaming(full load) and fan just ran at 50's %! So i undervolt it and set up fan to run at 70% and saved it to a profile using MSI Afterburner.. Everything runs accordingly..back to default if i shut down and restart the PC.. Until yesterday i found out it's not working as usual.. PC restart with my custom profile with fan running @70% eventhough i've unistalled MSI Afterburner and reinstalled with new default reset setting!
I don't want this coz it's annoying to hear loud fans and have to open MSI Afterburner,reset it everytime u startup PC just to surf the web.. Please help,thanks in advance..
As far as i know Nvidia GeForce Experience has an overclocking tool that works decent and always starts with windows in high priority. Maybe give that one a look

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
So far as I am aware, and I don't use Geforce experience at all these days, it has never had and currently lacks any kind of fan controls which is why manufacturer utilities like MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X and ASUS GPU Tweak are commonly used.
Well it was just a suggestion. MSI afterburner works perfectly fine. I myself try to to avoid having billions of different softwares installed. So if he is using GE why not just stick to it and his problem should be solved with it too.

I guess it does have fan controls in there now, so that's new. No idea if it works any differently than other GPU utilities though. It may likely require being open to work as well in which case it is no different in that regard from Afterburner which has been around a LOT longer and likely offers features not found in Geforce experience. But true, it does have some new options in there IF, IF you use the game overlay. Many may not want to use the Geforce game overlay.

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
You open the setting over the ingame overlay but you don't have to have it enabled. from my experience it works fine. Maybe you should give it a try too, pretty neat what they did with the horrendous software.

Solution
I lack faith in the GFE, for a lot of very good reasons from over the years, but I WILL likely do as you suggest and give it a shot if for no other reason than to check it out and be able to offer an opinion based on experience with IT, rather than on experience with the parent utility.

TheKerangMan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
How silly of me! It was all my careless silly mistake! Thanks both of you,really appreciate you guys initiative to help me..
Thanks @Burigeller for mentioning GeForce Exp.. YES! I WAS THERE IN THE GExperience LAST 2 DAYS trying to control the fans from there AND I FORGOT TO CLICK reset back to AUTO in the Performance Monitoring section! Now everything goes back to normal.. I'm so SORRY,i don't know which replies i should pick as a solution..sometime i wish i don't even ask this question..
I always have GE inlay to catch my ingame stuff, screenshots and recording..while Afterburner for monitoring my pc performance during gaming.. My apology..

Hey, it doesn't matter. So long as you got the problem resolved, that is the ONLY thing that matters. If anything we've said helped, then great, that's a good thing. If not, then maybe hopefully at least something triggered you to look at whatever it was that did help you to find the solution and that is all that really matters is that you got it fixed. That is the whole point.

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
How silly of me! It was all my careless silly mistake! Thanks both of you,really appreciate you guys initiative to help me..
Thanks @Burigeller for mentioning GeForce Exp.. YES! I WAS THERE IN THE GExperience LAST 2 DAYS trying to control the fans from there AND I FORGOT TO CLICK reset back to AUTO in the Performance Monitoring section! Now everything goes back to normal.. I'm so SORRY,i don't know which replies i should pick as a solution..sometime i wish i don't even ask this question..
I always have GE inlay to catch my ingame stuff, screenshots and recording..while Afterburner for monitoring my pc performance during gaming.. My apology..
Glad to hear that you managed to fix the issue! Don't worry me and @Darkbreeze probably went thru the same issue at some point :D