Question PC Staying On During Power Outage

Jan 22, 2020
Hi Guys!

So a few days ago, I had a severe thunderstorm where I lost power to my whole apartment for 2 days! Everything was not working. When the TV cut out and went black I pulled out the TV cable from the wall socket as well as the cable that's connected to the PC. The PC cable is connected to a power board surge protector which is then connected to the wall socket. So I pulled out the powerboard surge protector from the wall socket to protect the PC. At the time I pulled out the surge protector from the wall socket, I wasn't using the PC at all. During the 2 days with no electricity/Power, I couldn't use anything. When the power did come back on I reconnected the TV and powerboard surge protector back into the wall socket and as I did the PC just came back on as nothing had happened. All files and websites I was looking at were still on! The PC did not reset at all, the PC screen just came on. How is this possible, that a PC can operate with no power? It just doesn't make sense. Is there power coming from somewhere I don't know of. I have an All in One Acer Computer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers for the help

Matt

D

Deleted member 14196

I thought the updated windows 10 has the capability to do this where you restart and everything is restored.

If it’s a laptop it could’ve been sleeping all this time

Jan 22, 2020
Hi Mandark!

Thanks for replying. I am currently using Windows 7 at the moment. Would that make any difference? Its an all on one Acer Desktop, so I dont believe it has any internal battery (maybe i'm wrong). But the power was out for 2 days as well.