PC stays on but no display

BroBroBro

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
I have been trying to sort out this issue for a week now, doing absolutely every single thing that I know off to get it to work yet it still does not. All of the parts are new so I am still confused to how this can work. So bassicly what happens is that I turn the computer on and it runs perfectly with everything lighting up and spinning but I have no display to my monitor.

I have tested the monitor and the cable and they work on a whole bunch of different systems. I have tried resetting CMOS. I have tried plugging it into every HDMI input on the computer. I have personally tested the RAM and GPU with different ones and still the same issue. I have tried turning it off, holding the power button for 30 seconds and then turning it back on. From what other individuals have told me, it sounds like a dead motherboard. Another issue I have is I can not click the power button to shut the system down. I have to hold it down for about 4 seconds for it to shut down.

Parts:

1 x 2x4GB Apacer Commando 2400MHz DDR4
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte A320MA-M.2 MATX Motherboard
700w Thermaltake
Rx 470 4gb OC

Solution
If your motherboard does not have a beeper to emit error codes then I would suggest you buy one and install it.
It will give you something to go on.

BroBroBro

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017

I am not able to get the computer to display anything to the monitor so not to sure how I would be able to do that.

The Ryzen 5 2600 does not have graphics capability so do not use the video ports on the motherboard.

And you should only be plugging the monitor into HDMI outputs on the GPU. The only HDMI input is your monitor.

Holding down the Power Button for 4 seconds to turn it off is normal.

BroBroBro

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017

I understand that it does not, just saying I have as a lot of individuals keep asking me this question. Besides all of that, still does not help me with my issue. Definitely plugging everything in the correct ports.

TRENDING THREADS