[SOLVED] PC stays on yellow light and won't boot after restart

Dravenzo

Honorable
Apr 10, 2015
Looked online for quite a bit but the most common answer I found is that the yellow light indicates that it is a ram issue. The problem is there is literally no issue with my ram from what I can tell. Both rams are inserted in different channels correctly, everything boots up properly. The weirdest thing is that the computer works fine and yellow light comes up on the motherboard ONLY when I restart my PC or boot it up without turning on my screen first before booting. If yellow light comes up after restart or boot without turned on screen I just force shutdown the PC and then turn it on again and it boots up fine to windows and works absolutely fine. My specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 6-Core Processor
RAM: VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600Mhz
GPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB (Using left over card till I manage to find any stock of RTX series)
MOTHERBOARD: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
PSU: CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS Gold

Most of the components have been overclocked to max to make up for old GPU and will go back to normal settings when I upgrade but CPU has been overclocked to 4.2Ghz, RAM to 3600Mhz and GPU to +150Core clock and +380 Memory Clock.
I am sure the overclock has nothing to do with the yellow light as the CPU does not even have the stock cooler I replaced it with Cooler Master 212 and even under extreme load the max temps I get are 70-75C. But I have no idea why the computer would boot to yellow light only when restarting, but works fine after force shutdown.

Solution
Managed to fix the problem. There was some instability due to not enough voltage for RAM. I increase the voltage from 1.2 to 1.3 in BIOS and now it seems to boot as normal so if anyone has this issue where the motherboard boots into yellow light and you get black screen after increase Mhz for RAM just turn off the PC, turn off and on PSU and then boot the PC to bios and increase the voltage to as much as you need till you receive stability, for me 1.3V was the good voltage might be different for others.

Dravenzo

Honorable
Apr 10, 2015
Managed to fix the problem. There was some instability due to not enough voltage for RAM. I increase the voltage from 1.2 to 1.3 in BIOS and now it seems to boot as normal so if anyone has this issue where the motherboard boots into yellow light and you get black screen after increase Mhz for RAM just turn off the PC, turn off and on PSU and then boot the PC to bios and increase the voltage to as much as you need till you receive stability, for me 1.3V was the good voltage might be different for others.

Solution