Question PC still slow after fresh install of windows 10

juanmig0710

Honorable
Jan 27, 2018
I just installed a new processor for my system from a4-6300k to a8-7680. Freshly formatted and installed windows 10 os. I did a memtest for my ram and no errors were found. Used crystaldiskinfo to check my hdd health and it says 'okay'.
My system still freezes even when opening a browser.

My specs

A8 7680
2x2 DDR3 1600mhz
500GB HDD
ATX-700W PSU

I just installed a new processor for my system from a4-6300k to a8-7680. Freshly formatted and installed windows 10 os. I did a memtest for my ram and no errors were found. Used crystaldiskinfo to check my hdd health and it says 'okay'.
My system still freezes even when opening a browser.

My specs

A8 7680
2x2 DDR3 1600mhz
500GB HDD
ATX-700W PSU
Did you clear the bios when you swapped cpu's right now it's probably trying to run from setting of the a4 instead of the a8 but registering the a8

i did update the bios before installing the new one. Is that different from clearing the bios?
Yes and no you used the old cpu to update the bios so it's still using the old cpu"s info. When you update the bios it does reset all the info but also with whats in the system at the time. What you may need to do to help is well the psu is unplugged pull the watch type battery from the mobo and hold the power button the case for 30s x2 times then reseat the battery and plug the psu back in boot from there. The other reason you pc may still be slow is the hdd. Upgrading to a ssd will increase speeds 10 fold.

juanmig0710

Honorable
Jan 27, 2018
Yes and no you used the old cpu to update the bios so it's still using the old cpu"s info. When you update the bios it does reset all the info but also with whats in the system at the time. What you may need to do to help is well the psu is unplugged pull the watch type battery from the mobo and hold the power button the case for 30s x2 times then reseat the battery and plug the psu back in boot from there. The other reason you pc may still be slow is the hdd. Upgrading to a ssd will increase speeds 10 fold.
Soo i cleared the bios again and it still freezes often. Tried playing valorant still laggy. I even used quickcpu to high performance still doesnt make any difference when it comes to playing valorant.

juanmig0710

Honorable
Jan 27, 2018
Update: So i noticed that theres also a chipset update that i can do that supports my processor. Maybe thats the reason why my bios and chipset is not working properly. Will update it now and see what happens