[SOLVED] PC stopped booting

Sep 3, 2020
My selfmade pc was working fine yesterday and when booting it, it just does nothing.

I checked:
  1. If it was plugged in properly (tested it with other device)
  2. No visual sign of any cable/component damage
  3. When connecting power pins on mobo with screwdriver, still not nothing
  4. Cleaned RAM
  5. CMOS reset (removed the battery on the mobo)

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, first time asking something on here.

As you probably can tell, english is not my native language...

Also checked for similar posts but didn't find a problem like mine.

Would love some suggestions to fix this, thanks!

Solution
Without a spare PSU to test it will be difficult. All you can do is eliminating other causes:
  1. take out the GPU and see if the PC starts (of course you will see nothing on the monitor. If no change, put back the GPU.
  2. take our RAM. If PC starts switch off again. Put back one RAM stick at a time. If no difference with RAM, disconnect all hard disks or SSD and try to boot
My selfmade pc was working fine yesterday and when booting it, it just does nothing.

I checked:
  1. If it was plugged in properly (tested it with other device)
  2. No visual sign of any cable/component damage
  3. When connecting power pins on mobo with screwdriver, still not nothing
  4. Cleaned RAM
  5. CMOS reset (removed the battery on the mobo)
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, first time asking something on here.

As you probably can tell, english is not my native language...

Also checked for similar posts but didn't find a problem like mine.

Would love some suggestions to fix this, thanks!
You mean there is absolutely nothing, not a single LED illuminating, not a single fan turning ?
That is either a broken electrical cord (the one from the PSU to the wall outlet) or a death PSU.

Do you have a voltmeter ?

Sep 3, 2020
You mean there is absolutely nothing, not a single LED illuminating, not a single fan turning ?
That is either a broken electrical cord (the one from the PSU to the wall outlet) or a death PSU.

Do you have a voltmeter ?
No, not a single led or fan, unfortunately i have no volt meter.

Without a spare PSU to test it will be difficult. All you can do is eliminating other causes:
  1. take out the GPU and see if the PC starts (of course you will see nothing on the monitor. If no change, put back the GPU.
  2. take our RAM. If PC starts switch off again. Put back one RAM stick at a time. If no difference with RAM, disconnect all hard disks or SSD and try to boot

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 3, 2020
  2. take our RAM. If PC starts swtich off agin. Put back one RAM stick at a time. If no difference wit RAM, diconnect hard disk or SSD and try to boot

So I tried the gpu and ram, still nothing I have a corsair cs430m from a previous built, so gonna try that now.

Latest posts