Question PC Stopped Recognising Graphics Card

ShortEvo

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
Hi,
My PC has been running fine for years, and all of a sudden, I got a message that my graphics card had failed and managed to restore, and this would keep happening and I was not able to click anywhere. So I restarted.

I run a dual monitor setup (one connected by VGA, one by HDMI) and on reboot, all of a sudden the HDMI monitor just wasn't being recognised anymore and the resolution had completely changed on my other monitor. I went into my settings and noticed that my remaining monitor was listed as "Generic Non-PnP Monitor". I updated all my graphics card drivers (GTX 780 Ti), retried old settings, and nothing.

I am unable to open NVIDIA Control Panel or GeForce Experience and it is almost as like my graphics card has just disappeared.

I've been inside the PC and made sure it is in place, and it is fine on that front.
Under "display adapters" in my device manager, the graphics card shows up but has a yellow warning on it.

Is my graphics card dead?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

ShortEvo

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
I would use DDU (download save on desktop) reboot in safe mode and run DDU
reboot, then download new nvidia drivers and install and try again

DDu can be found : https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I tried doing this and installed the new drivers, nothing. Still the same result.
I also tried to rollback the driver and now I get stuck of the BSoD with an error message "Watchdog Violation".
Can't figure out how to repair this. Tried all the troubleshooting problems and no result.