[SOLVED] PC stopped working out of nowhere

Dec 11, 2019
So, tonight I got off work and wanted to watch some videos before bed. About 15 minutes into relaxing my computer freezes with the humming auto loop coming from speaker the started to boot loop as in It would turn on, fans and lights, then shut off only to repeat until I shut of the psu. The weird part is that if I wait about 15 or 20 minutes when it starts looping. It will boot just fine and work for about 20 minutes before repeating. I got a blue screen error last time. I dont think its the temp because its a well vented system and I dusted it out, first thing I did. I do have some old HDD'd that I could see going bad, but they dont rattle and my OS is installed on a brand new SSD. Im at loss here, can any of yall help me out?

Specs
I5 6500k
Gtx 1050
I cant fully remember my motherboard.

Solution
Could be a PSU problem, and yes I have heard of an old hard drive going bad an keeping from booting. You said you dusted, Check all power cables and unplug and replug them. Sometimes they can get dirty. I had my 24 pin plug get loose last year on my 9 year old rig and a connector to the power button got loose recently. One guy had a bad reset button making random reboots.
So, tonight I got off work and wanted to watch some videos before bed. About 15 minutes into relaxing my computer freezes with the humming auto loop coming from speaker the started to boot loop as in It would turn on, fans and lights, then shut off only to repeat until I shut of the psu. The weird part is that if I wait about 15 or 20 minutes when it starts looping. It will boot just fine and work for about 20 minutes before repeating. I got a blue screen error last time. I dont think its the temp because its a well vented system and I dusted it out, first thing I did. I do have some old HDD'd that I could see going bad, but they dont rattle and my OS is installed on a brand new SSD. Im at loss here, can any of yall help me out?

Specs
I5 6500k
Gtx 1050
I cant fully remember my motherboard.
Why don't you try without that old HDD ?

Dec 11, 2019
I tried removing the older drives, problem persists. I also tried reverting to an older restore point and still no issues. I was able to do a virus scan and got rid of a few things, but still not fixed. The problem with windows 10 is the function keys to acess windows advanced startup dosent work.

Could be a PSU problem, and yes I have heard of an old hard drive going bad an keeping from booting. You said you dusted, Check all power cables and unplug and replug them. Sometimes they can get dirty. I had my 24 pin plug get loose last year on my 9 year old rig and a connector to the power button got loose recently. One guy had a bad reset button making random reboots.

Solution

SuperDupler

Honorable
Sep 18, 2014
My phone ran out of juice last night. So, I was just saying if you can boot off live media, that can narrow things down. If you boot off live media and it runs fine the problem is Windows. If problem persists then you know it's hardware. I agree with the previous post, if it's hardware check your PSU and I would add check all your RAM too. Good luck! Hope you can figure it out, I know it can drive you crazy.

Dec 11, 2019
So just got home and turned on my pc and everything was running fine, no issues at all until I went to restart. First the windows key and start menu would bug out, now when Its doing the boot loop again. Let me grab my live drive and see what happens