[SOLVED] PC stopped working

Jan 12, 2019
This is the second time this has happened.
2 hours ago, I was just playing some Apex Legends, suddenly, my PC stopped, i though it was just a game crash, but i saw my keyboard and mouse led not turning on, so I had in mind the problem that I had 1 month ago. The PC turns on, but nothing happens except fans spinning. I tried fixing it the way I fixed it last time, which is taking off everything off the motherboard, and then plugging it back (including vga, cpu, ram, and all cables). And when I turned it on, the problem is not fixed.

I'd really like to fix this problem without buying a new cpu. Oh and also, I'm pretty sure this is not the problem, I just changed my gpu to gtx 1050 ti yesterday, and it worked just fine until this problem happened.

my specs:
i3 3240
asus h61me
gtx 1050 ti
enlight 400w (decent psu i found in my local shop)
2x4gb ddr3

Solution
The lack of a beep means the mobo can't pass the self power test.

Never doubt any part failure. Not 2 weeks ago I had to return a gpu that was a week old when it started dropping signal to my monitor. This could be a psu problem regardless of how new it is. But I do believe your mobo has failed.

stark08

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
First of all make sure that you have connected everything to motherboard correctly.
Do you see any error messages?
without knowing any error message, it is hard to predict what is the problem. There could be many reasons like:
  1. Failure of your hdd/ssd.
  2. Failure of other components like ram, cpu or in worst case motherboad.
  3. Check for virus and malwares in your pc.
  4. May be the game itself or any other software is causing the problem. try uninstalling game and see if problem get solved.
  5. Check the official website of game to know if your specs are ok for game.
there could be many more reasons but can't say excatly anything until don't know what is the error.

Reactions: barryv88
Jan 12, 2019
First of all make sure that you have connected everything to motherboard correctly.
Do you see any error messages?
without knowing any error message, it is hard to predict what is the problem. There could be many reasons like:
  1. Failure of your hdd/ssd.
  2. Failure of other components like ram, cpu or in worst case motherboad.
  3. Check for virus and malwares in your pc.
  4. May be the game itself or any other software is causing the problem. try uninstalling game and see if problem get solved.
  5. Check the official website of game to know if your specs are ok for game.
there could be many more reasons but can't say excatly anything until don't know what is the error.
It's not really about the game. Like I said, i've been playing the game with my new gpu since yesterday.

stark08

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
It's not really about the game. Like I said, i've been playing the game with my new gpu since yesterday.
what about other reasons i mentioned?
do you notice any pattern in the time when it freeze like when you are running multiple prorams or during running a specific program or anything other like this?

Jan 12, 2019
what about other reasons i mentioned?
do you notice any pattern in the time when it freeze like when you are running multiple prorams or during running a specific program or anything other like this?
not really. I was just really gaming like normally I would do, and while I was matchmaking, it froze and I though it was just a normal crash, then this problem happened. .

redit

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Just to try something you might pull the gpu and plug your monitor into the mobo. That cpu has integrated graphics so it would run a screen.

But if the mobo isn't powering your mouse or keyboard, and if there is no beep, or bios screen or post, then it has to be mobo or psu.

Double check all your connections.

Jan 12, 2019
CHeck for virus and malware then using an antivirus program.
how would i check if i have no other pc xd
Just to try something you might pull the gpu and plug your monitor into the mobo. That cpu has integrated graphics so it would run a screen.

But if the mobo isn't powering your mouse or keyboard, and if there is no beep, or bios screen or post, then it has to be mobo or psu.

Double check all your connections.
Im not sure if its the PSU though, I changed the PSU with my old one but it still wont work. But my local computer shop said its the proccesor, so should i buy new proccesor or motherboard?

redit

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

Never doubt any part failure. Not 2 weeks ago I had to return a gpu that was a week old when it started dropping signal to my monitor. This could be a psu problem regardless of how new it is. But I do believe your mobo has failed.

Solution
Jan 12, 2019

Ah okay. 1 more question, It wont be the graphics card right? I legit just bought it yesterday...

redit

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I sure can't see how.

But by all means unhook it and plug your monitor into the mobo. Just to check.

Also pull the ram out. If the mobo then makes a long beep on start up you will know the ram is bad.

But I am fairly confident the mobo is the problem.