Question PC struggling to play Witcher 3 though the build should easily handle it

KantusThiss

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hey there,

Hoping this sub can help with this issue. My computer has the following specs:
i5-4570 @ 3.20GHZ
8GB RAM
SSD
GTX 770

Yet is struggling to play W3 smoothly on low settings, 1280x720p and 30frames per sec - https://streamable.com/21zbl

Had the build for about 7 years now and it's been running like a dream though recently it does seem to be slower than usual and this performance with W3 seems very weird, though it's the first time I run it. The above specs should be able to handle the W3 easily, posts around the Internet show this.

None of the parts seemed to be struggling (can be seen on right of screen in vid). It just does not seem to make any sense. Could it be a case of my computer dying over the time, or a particular part dying? I would find this strange as they seem to be running fine in the task manager.

If anyone has any clue that'd be incredible!! Just wanna finally play this game :(

KantusThiss

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hey there,

i5-4570 @ 3.20GHZ
8GB RAM
SSD
GTX 770

Yet is struggling to play W3 smoothly on low settings, 1280x720p and 30frames per sec - https://streamable.com/21zbl

Had the build for about 7 years now and it's been running like a dream though recently it does seem to be slower than usual and this performance with W3 seems very weird, though it's the first time I run it. The above specs should be able to handle the W3 easily, posts around the Internet show this.

None of the parts seemed to be struggling (can be seen on right of screen in vid). It just does not seem to make any sense. Could it be a case of my computer dying over the time, or a particular part dying? I would find this strange as they seem to be running fine in the task manager.

If anyone has any clue that'd be incredible!! Just wanna finally play this game :(

KantusThiss

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
stick with 1 thread. don't spam the forum
Hey there,

i5-4570 @ 3.20GHZ
8GB RAM
SSD
GTX 770