[SOLVED] PC stuck at bios for 30-45secs but then works just fine.

KiraTonic

Honorable
Apr 2, 2014
I just bought a new hdd and installed original version of windows 10 through usb. When I boot my pc, it gets stuck at bios screen for a good minute, but then works normally after that. Please help

Solution
I would try this then.....purposely go to the BIOS (press whatever key(s) you have to press to get there).....just go there....don't change anything.....then SAVE THE BIOS before you exit the BIOS.

Then let it boot all the way to Windows (make sure it's done booting....I'd give it a couple minutes to settle down)......then try a restart and see what happens.

KiraTonic

Honorable
Apr 2, 2014
I would change the CMOS battery first.
I've seen this and similar things happen with a weak CMOS battery.

i'll try this, but this wasn't the case with my old hdd which died a day prior to installing the new hdd. do you think maybe the wires are bad or the new hdd itself?

Last edited:
I would try this then.....purposely go to the BIOS (press whatever key(s) you have to press to get there).....just go there....don't change anything.....then SAVE THE BIOS before you exit the BIOS.

Then let it boot all the way to Windows (make sure it's done booting....I'd give it a couple minutes to settle down)......then try a restart and see what happens.

Solution