PC stuck at black screen! I'll not boot!

Gdgxgd

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
My PC froze one day so I just power it down via power button. I came back to it today to find out when I try to boot up I receive this infinite black screen with a flashing underscore. I also would like to mention that I am unable to do any of the following, boot into Safe Mode (F8), System Recovery (F10). All I can access are Setup (F2), and Boot Menu (F12). Anyone know how to fix? Also, I am not able to replace any drives or disks or any of that good stuff. I hope anyone can get me out of this nightmare.

Solution
Reset the BIOS first by either using the jumper on the motherboard or unplugging it from wall power and removing the CMOS battery for about 10 seconds. Before plugging it back in, hold in the power button for about 10 seconds, try it again.

If it boots to the BIOS, see if there is a hardware test utility there, run a scan on the hard drive. Try re-seating the hard drive, try running on one RAM stick at a time.
Reset the BIOS first by either using the jumper on the motherboard or unplugging it from wall power and removing the CMOS battery for about 10 seconds. Before plugging it back in, hold in the power button for about 10 seconds, try it again.

If it boots to the BIOS, see if there is a hardware test utility there, run a scan on the hard drive. Try re-seating the hard drive, try running on one RAM stick at a time.

Solution