[SOLVED] PC stuck at GIGABYTE BOOT LOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
I just build a BUDGET GAMING PC with Ryzen 5 3600 and GIGABYTE A320M-S2H and when I try to boot it without HDD (Segate Barracuda 2tb) it works fine, I can goto BIOS and Change any settings I want but whenever I try booting it up with HDD (Segate Barracuda 2tb) pc just gets stuck and it feels like everything's froze and I can't do anything.

Solution
how do I check that?

In BIOS settings, System tab at top side.

By the way last BIOS for your board is F53 from January 5, this year. Seems is worth to try.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Well, try switch from UEFI to CSM boot mode and then boot into that Windows you already have on M.2 drive. If id doesn't help, it seems you will need to switch back to UEFI and reinstall Windows on M.2 drive with other drives disconnected at that time.

Also seems that for your motherboard BIOS update can be done only from Windows. And you didn't said which GA-A320M-S2H board revision you have (there are three of them, it matter).

And I tried to boot up with my friend's HDD and it...

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
If drives (HDD or SDD, doesn't matter) doesn't contain operating system, computer will not boot and will left stuck on logo forever. Install operating system of your choice from USB drive now - Windows, Linux, ...

It has WINDOWS 10 installed in it and I noticed that the DISK in the HDD is not ROTATING, I tried to feel the vibration if the HDD is working or not and was not vibrating.

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
Ok. Go back in BIOS settings and set Windows drive as first in boot order.
I tried getting into BIOS while the HDD is connected but NO LUCK it just freezes everytime I've tried to BOOT INTO BIOS while HDD attached but I can get into BIOS without HDD ATTACHED and I can EVEN BOOT with CD-ROM (without HDD ATTACHED).
I think my HDD is faulty. I've asked my friend to let me use his HARD DRIVE for testing.

how do I check that?

By the way last BIOS for your board is F53 from January 5, this year. Seems is worth to try.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Well, try switch from UEFI to CSM boot mode and then boot into that Windows you already have on M.2 drive. If id doesn't help, it seems you will need to switch back to UEFI and reinstall Windows on M.2 drive with other drives disconnected at that time.

Also seems that for your motherboard BIOS update can be done only from Windows. And you didn't said which GA-A320M-S2H board revision you have (there are three of them, it matter).

And I tried to boot up with my friend's HDD and it finally started to boot up but everytime WHEN the WINDOWS LOGO appears "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" appears and the PC RESTARTS itself, even tried with 1 RAM STICK but no luck.

He have different hardware with different driver set and different system configuration - what do you want?

Last edited:
Solution

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019

He have different hardware with different driver set and different system configuration - what do you want?
Thanks Dude! It worked, I updated my BIOS and DISCONNECTED all other DRIVES and INSTALLED WINDOWS in my SSD and it worked flawlessly. Thank you so much for your help and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.