Question PC stuck at splash screen after changing RAM

Jun 1, 2020
Ok so my dad said he has 2x 4GB DDR3 RAM sticks from his PC that he can give to me. I tried replacing 2 of my 4 sticks to increase the RAM from 12GB to 16GB but my PC gets stuck at the splash screen. (I replaced 2x 2GB sticks with the 2x 4GB sticks). I cannot get into the BIOS either. So I then tried just the ones my dad gave me so I had 8GB RAM with 2 slots available and that didnt work either. (I tried different slots too). I'm sure they're working because my dad got them with his prebuilt machine but upgraded his RAM so he took those out. Basically never used. Any help?

Jun 1, 2020
If the modules do not work on their own in your system, they probably will just not work. What is the exact model number/specs on the module's sticker?
I'm not sure about what you mean but on the sticker of the RAM stick it says: 4GB 1RX8 PC3-12800U. I think they're made by micron. They also haven't been used in 2 years, it was probably used in my dad's pc for 4 months at most.

I'm not sure about what you mean but on the sticker of the RAM stick it says: 4GB 1RX8 PC3-12800U. I think they're made by micron. They also haven't been used in 2 years, it was probably used in my dad's pc for 4 months at most.
Yep, that's what I was looking for. Pretty standard plain jane ram. Have you tried one of these at a time? If they don't work that way, they are just not compatible, although I don't really know why.

Jun 1, 2020
Yep, that's what I was looking for. Pretty standard plain jane ram. Have you tried one of these at a time? If they don't work that way, they are just not compatible, although I don't really know why.
yeah I tried but it still freezes at splash screen. I want to be able to sell them, so right now idk if they're dead or just incompatible.