PC stuck booting up to restore windows then restarting

Tibblist1

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
Everytime I turn my pc on after a windows 10 update it goes through the mobo manu logo then to a small cmd prompt that flashes for a very short time then says restoring windows at the bottom for 2 seconds then restarts over and over and over, im creating a fresh windows 10 usb to try to at least boot it but is there anyway to restore this/fix this while im at it?

Solution
Sounds to me like a version update hasn't worked. That would be only type of update that would include restoring windows. I think the only possible answer from here is a clean install using the USB.

But if there is anything on PC you need to save, try this
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad into command prompt and press enter
in notepad, click File>Open and this opens file explorer, use it to copy anything you want to save onto another USB or hdd

If you can get into command prompt, you might want to use it to wipe C drive as sometimes, if you try to use the USB to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sounds to me like a version update hasn't worked. That would be only type of update that would include restoring windows. I think the only possible answer from here is a clean install using the USB.

But if there is anything on PC you need to save, try this
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad into command prompt and press enter
in notepad, click File>Open and this opens file explorer, use it to copy anything you want to save onto another USB or hdd

If you can get into command prompt, you might want to use it to wipe C drive as sometimes, if you try to use the USB to reinstall win 10 over a broken install, it can confuse windows. Easier to wipe C before installing

type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd, make note of hdd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the hdd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean

Clean Install
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

Solution