[SOLVED] PC stuck in a boot loop.

Jan 12, 2021
Recently for Christmas I had purchased parts to build my first pc (so sorry if i use wrong terms, complete noob to this). I went through the build process and everything went relatively smooth. I boot it up and everything works perfect, besides one of my fans. So a week later, I attempt to fix it and eventually do (was just a loose connection to the f-panel pins). I had been working on the pc downstairs, so when i plugged it in down there everything worked smoothly. Although, when I took it back upstairs, and tried to turn it on, the PC seemed to be stuck in a cycle of booting up. Every 15 seconds, the pc makes a small clicking noice and then restarts the boot up completely. The fans all work for those 15 seconds, although I get no connection to my monitor. After some research, eventually I tried reseeding the ram, and sure enough, the PC booted up with no problem and starting working again.

Fast forward a few days later (Today).

I buy some rgb led strips for my pc. Once again, I take my pc downstairs to my workspace and get to installing the led’s. After a while, I get them installed, and boot up my computer downstairs to test if it worked (not connected to a monitor or anything, just plugged into an outlet to test the led’s), sure enough, the leds lit up and everything was perfect. So, I take the pc back upstairs, plug it in, and....... the pc is stuck in the exact same boot cycle. I tried reseeding the ram again, I tried switching the spots of the sticks (I have 2 8gb corsair vengeance), I tried only having one stick in, nothing worked. I tried unplugging the power cord from the wall and pressed the power button, waited 30 seconds, and plugged it back in (some people suggested that worked), but sure enough, same cycle occurred.

At this point i’m on the verge of giving up. You can imagine how frustrating this would be for a brand new builder, and honestly, I just don’t know what to do. I’m trying to stay hopeful, although it seems if all hope is lost. If anyone has any sort of tips on what to do, please let me know. Its depressing that this 1.5k pc might just go down the drain, honestly, just having a terrible time recently.

I tried clearing the cmos and it didn’t work. I don’t think i could’ve done it wrong either, as you just have to touch the 2 pins w a paper clip. I tried unplugging and replugging everything back in, along w reseating the gpu, ram, etc. Nothing worked. Only thing that I haven’t checked is my processor (As it’s covered by the aio fan)

Specs.
-NZXT h210 (case)
-GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi (motherboard)
-Intel i7-9700k (CPU)
-Gigabyte gtx 1660 ti (GPU)
-Corsair CX650M (PSU)
-NZXT Kraken x53 (liquid cooler)
-Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB(x2)[Ram]
-Samsung evo 970 500gb (SSD)
-Barracuda 1TB (HDD)

Solution
Hi Lefeves,

Are you getting anything on screen or is it only the fans and lights that show, If you do have anything on screen what is it and if there isn`t anything on screen try using the video outputs on the motherboard instead to get a image.
(Had it a few times where it shows a error using only the motherboard video outputs)

RyanJG4321

Reputable
Feb 13, 2019
Hi Lefeves,

Are you getting anything on screen or is it only the fans and lights that show, If you do have anything on screen what is it and if there isn`t anything on screen try using the video outputs on the motherboard instead to get a image.
(Had it a few times where it shows a error using only the motherboard video outputs)

Solution