romeo26

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
my pc

windows 10 pro 64

asrock x570 taichi

amd ryzen 7 3700x

msi radeon rx 5700

ballistix sport lt 32gb ddr4 3200(part number: bls2k16g4d32aese)

samsung evo plus m.2 1tb nvme

hp ex950 2tb nvme

hold overs from old 2012 build

silverstone tjo4-e case

silverstone st85f-p powersupply 850w silver

2 samsung 1tb ssd (do not know model)

2 weeks ago it got really hot. Went to game a bit and an hour in computer randomly shuts off. Turn it on and again it turns off in 5 min. Later on at night I try it again and it runs for an hour. The next morning I turn all fans to full and it ran for about 4 hours. Updated the bios, and got a noctua cpu cooler and it ran good for awhile. Looked at the event viewer and had some errors pertaining to power.

Fast foword to 2 days ago, and I my computer shut off again. Try to turn it on, nothing. I hear fans turn on then probably shuts off only to turn on again. Cant even get to bios screen. I got a known working power supply from my friend and still does the same thing. Try one stick of ram in multiple slots. Then tried the other stick of ram.

I noticed the dr debug as an A5 showing while it is trying to boot up. It has something to do with sata. I unplug all sata drives and my 2nd nvme drive. Still nothing. Cleared cmos and nothing still. Took out cmos battery for an hour, nothing. Changed the battery, and samething. Tried a different gfx card (my old gtx960) nothing. Then I tired to re-seat the cpu, also nothing.

I am at witts end. Any idea on what it could be? The system has been running fine since end of september.

I have reached out to asrock ill probably hear from them on monday.

Can it be the cpu or the mobo?

Solution
my pc

windows 10 pro 64

asrock x570 taichi

amd ryzen 7 3700x

msi radeon rx 5700

hp ex950 2tb nvme

silverstone tjo4-e case

2 weeks ago it got really hot. Went to game a bit and an hour in computer randomly shuts off. Turn it on and again it turns off in 5 min. Later on at night I try it again and it runs for an hour. The next morning I turn all fans to full and it ran for about 4 hours. Updated the bios, and got a noctua cpu cooler and it ran good for awhile. Looked at the event viewer and had some errors...

doc_up

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
my pc

windows 10 pro 64

asrock x570 taichi

amd ryzen 7 3700x

msi radeon rx 5700

hp ex950 2tb nvme

silverstone tjo4-e case

2 weeks ago it got really hot. Went to game a bit and an hour in computer randomly shuts off. Turn it on and again it turns off in 5 min. Later on at night I try it again and it runs for an hour. The next morning I turn all fans to full and it ran for about 4 hours. Updated the bios, and got a noctua cpu cooler and it ran good for awhile. Looked at the event viewer and had some errors pertaining to power.

Fast foword to 2 days ago, and I my computer shut off again. Try to turn it on, nothing. I hear fans turn on then probably shuts off only to turn on again. Cant even get to bios screen. I got a known working power supply from my friend and still does the same thing. Try one stick of ram in multiple slots. Then tried the other stick of ram.

I noticed the dr debug as an A5 showing while it is trying to boot up. It has something to do with sata. I unplug all sata drives and my 2nd nvme drive. Still nothing. Cleared cmos and nothing still. Took out cmos battery for an hour, nothing. Changed the battery, and samething. Tried a different gfx card (my old gtx960) nothing. Then I tired to re-seat the cpu, also nothing.

I am at witts end. Any idea on what it could be? The system has been running fine since end of september.

I have reached out to asrock ill probably hear from them on monday.

Can it be the cpu or the mobo?
sounds like the power supply to me. You might pull it and test it. There are step by step tutorials that will show you how to properly test it. good luck

Solution