Question PC stuck in a reset loop ?

Mar 31, 2021
Hello, so I've been listening to music on my pc yesterday and suddenly it just reset but nothing was coming up on the screen. I pressed the power button for a few seconds to shut it down then tried to start it again. This time it seemed to work but it just reset after the windows logo appeared (after 3 seconds on the windows logo to be exact). It does this everytime. When i try to go into the bios it resets after 10 seconds as well but everything seems to be normal.

I reset the cmos and reseated everything including my cpu and now i just get an overclocking failed message. I see that everything is being detected and if im quick enough i can go into the bios and save settings and reset but it will reset on the windows logo no matter what. If i let the pc reset for about 2 times, the dram led will start blinking red and nothing will come up on the screen anymore. Ive only had this pc for 1 and a half months, worked flawlessly until now when it just suddenly died on me, bought it used so no warranty.

My specs:

Lepa n500 sa-eu Power supply
Asus p8z68v-lx motherboard
Intel I5 3450 cpu
8gb kingston 1333mhz ram single channel
Intel hd 2500 iGPU
2 1tb western digital hdds

Please help me fix this issue as im out of things to try and fix it myself, i have no spare components either and cant afford to buy anything for the pc atm.
My pc was also overclocked, set the bclk to 101.0 and cpu turbo ratio to 3.9ghz, ram to 1600mhz and igpu to 1500mhz. I made sure to properly stress test it to see if its stable and had no issues with stabily nor temperatures.

Mar 31, 2021
I would say the PSU is suspect --- obscure brand, may be poor quality and age unknown so may simply not be up to the job anymore even though system has no dedicated GPU.

Please wait for more replies too see if their opinions concur with mine.
Is there anything i can do to find the faulty component? I have no spare parts to test with so im pretty sure im out of luck tho. I kept an eye on the psu ever since i got the pc and noticed the fan is barely making any noise and it didnt even get warm. Could it really be the psu?

Is there anything i can do to find the faulty component? I have no spare parts to test with so im pretty sure im out of luck tho. I kept an eye on the psu ever since i got the pc and noticed the fan is barely making any noise and it didnt even get warm. Could it really be the psu?
I would also highly suspect the RAM. Is there any way you can check your RAM for stability in another system or put a different RAM kit in to test if it boots? I have had boot looks because of RAM way more often than because of a bad PSU, but that is just in my experience. It could just as well be the PSU. You could always get a new PSU to test the system. If that fixes it then you are all good, but if it does not you will have a good start on a new build seeing that your current one is older and in need of updating.

Mar 31, 2021
I would also highly suspect the RAM. Is there any way you can check your RAM for stability in another system or put a different RAM kit in to test if it boots? I have had boot looks because of RAM way more often than because of a bad PSU, but that is just in my experience. It could just as well be the PSU. You could always get a new PSU to test the system. If that fixes it then you are all good, but if it does not you will have a good start on a new build seeing that your current one is older and in need of updating.
I have a stick of 4gb ddr3 1333mhz from my old pc however this pc refuses to post with it as i have also tried it when i first got the pc, the dram led comes on with the 4gigs installed, i either busted them on accident or its a compatibility issue. I would get new ram or a psu but going off the process of elimination isnt really an option for me as im extremely tight on budget and replacing the wrong component would mean I cant buy anything else for the pc for a while. I hope its the ram out of anything as i can pick up a kit nearby since its quite cheap. I wanted to upgrade to a gtx 1050 but now im stuck figuring out which component is faulty.

Mar 31, 2021
Did you try putting both sticks in each slot individually? So what I mean is stick A or B in slots 1, 2, 3, and 4 attempting to boot after changing the slot each time?
Yes, unfortunately nothing worked. The pc resetting after exactly 10 seconds on the overclock failed screen or in the bios really leads me to believe its the board, that would be a bummer since I have such bad deals on budget motherboards here.

TRENDING THREADS