Question PC stuck in boot loop after updating bios

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,

Specs:

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi Mobo
Rtx 3080
I7 9700k

So just now I decided to update my bios for my mobo. For some reason, when I went into the bios, it didn't recognize my USB. After googling I found a Gigabyte App that apparently also lets you update your bios. I used that, and during the installation of the update, I got a bluescreen. Now my PC refuses to boot, I have tried removing the mobo battery, holding the power button for a minute and also connecting the cmos jumpers. Whenever I reconnect my pc and press the power button, it turns on for approximately 2 seconds, then immediately shuts down. Then it reboots, stays turned on with the fans going really fast, and turns off again after maybe 10-15 seconds. This keeps happening until I unplug it or hold the power button down for a few seconds. I get 0 output on any of my monitors. I'm starting to get worried that I bricked something. Help please

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version were you on? What BIOS version did you want to update to? I hope you didn't just jump to the latest version skipping other BIOS version in between. Try and disconnect the system from the wall, remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes.

Can you get into BIOS? If so, check and see Fast Boot, Secure Boot are enabled while CSM is disabled.

Yes, you might've very well bricked the system but that's an assumption at this point.

Apr 5, 2021
I believe I was on the preinstalled bios version, so probably the first one. I tried updating to the latest. I wasn't aware that you are not supposed to do that, I even read a tutorial and that didn't mention not skipping versions.

I must have disconnected the battery like 10 times by now for varying amounts of time, also I have tried connecting the cmos reset jumpers and I also held down the power button for varying amounts of time.

No, I can't get into bios. The PC doesn't stay turned on long enough for that to happen, also I dont have any signal on my monitors

TRENDING THREADS