[SOLVED] PC stuck in boot & monitor says "no signal" ?

Leon0983

Prominent
Jun 4, 2021
Hello everyone, recently had a problem after restarting my PC. I clicked the restart option in windows and the PC didn't want to turn off. The fans were spinning, the rgb was on for a good few minutes so I force shut it down of course. After waiting a bit and turning it back on it turns on the RGB on the case, RAM, fans, GPU as well as spins the fans, the monitor turns on but says "no signal" and goes to sleep ?

My specs:

Asrock B450M Pro4-F
R5 2600x, ,
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4gb,
Seasonic GM 650 Gold,
Hyperx 16gb RAM 3200mhz,
Kingston M.2 A2000 500gb SSD
Barracuda 1TB HDD

After this happening to me since it was nighttime I force shut it again, disconnected the power cable and left it off whole night. In the morning same thing.

What i've tried:
-Reseated the RAM, cleaned the RAM, tried booting with only one RAM stick
-Turned the PC on with a screwdriver through the pins (my friend with the same problem got it fixed this way)
-Reset the CMOS through the pins with a screwdriver
-Pulled out the GPU to reseat the CMOS battery under it, as well as to reseat the GPU itself.
-Tried a different HDMI cable, tried a VGA cable, connected the PC to another monitor
-Put the HDMI in the port on the mobo

I can't seem to find what else to do so I seek help. Also have in mind that I did ground purge the residual PSU power multiple times (pressed the power button with PSU off) through the process.

Thank you.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

While disconnected from the wall and your display, it's a good idea to press and hold your power button to drain your system of any residual power, this also apparently helps with houses that have a grounding issue. How old is the PSU in your system? When you've stated taking the CMOS battery out, was it out of the system for 30 minutes, while the system was disconnected from both the wall and the monitor?

You might want to also see if you can power the system on when connecting to a different wall outlet in your crib. Also, that point about connecting to the motherboard's display outputs won't work since your Ryzen processor doesn't have an iGPU.

Lutfij

Titan

While disconnected from the wall and your display, it's a good idea to press and hold your power button to drain your system of any residual power, this also apparently helps with houses that have a grounding issue. How old is the PSU in your system? When you've stated taking the CMOS battery out, was it out of the system for 30 minutes, while the system was disconnected from both the wall and the monitor?

You might want to also see if you can power the system on when connecting to a different wall outlet in your crib. Also, that point about connecting to the motherboard's display outputs won't work since your Ryzen processor doesn't have an iGPU.

Solution

Leon0983

Prominent
Jun 4, 2021

Thank you for your reply, I will make sure to try a different wall outlet when I come home. My PSU is about 6 months old, I built the PC in January. I didn't keep the battery out for that long, I think it was only a few minutes so it does make a difference?

After I try this I will come back with results.

Leon0983

Prominent
Jun 4, 2021
Thank you for your reply, I will make sure to try a different wall outlet when I come home. My PSU is about 6 months old, I built the PC in January. I didn't keep the battery out for that long, I think it was only a few minutes so it does make a difference?

After I try this I will come back with results.
Hello, tried everything you said still no hope :(. Is there anything else I can try or is it time i contacted the shop I bought the components from?