[SOLVED] PC stuck on a recovery blue screen and keyboard does not work

Wynteriscoming

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
My Windows installation stopped working and I got stuck on a boot loop so I tried to reinstall Windows. I put in my usb with Windows installer and started the installation process. I got to the part where you have to choose a drive except that I could not choose any drives as one had an error code 0x80300024 and the others were in the wrong format. I pressed the x until it restarted my PC except it brought me to a blue screen saying recovery.
I pressed F1 to enter recovery and my PC restarted and went back to the same screen except my keyboard no longer worked. I tried swapping ports but that did nothing. I unplugged and plugged my mouse back in and then it stopped working too. In addition, my PC shuts off after around 30 seconds of being on that screen. Please help. Edited to add that the keyboard works with other devices it’s just that my PC is not powering it now.

Wynteriscoming

Commendable
Jan 25, 2020
Just noticed I never solved this question. This issue with the USB devices and the blue screen were separate. To solve the USB devices not receiving power I just removed the CMOS battery from my motherboard and put it back in after a few minutes. After that, I had to reinstall windows. Not sure if there is another solution for the blue screen.

Reactions: Colif