Question PC stuck on ASUS logo screen

May 26, 2019
Ok so most of the posts I’ve seen about this have some new hardware addition or a long lasting software problem but this seems to have come out of nowhere. I did recently add an Oculus Rift S to my setup but it’s been installed for 2 days and it doesn’t seem to be the source of the issue.

I was trying to open steam using oculus’s virtual desktop and accidentally right clicked on the shortcut, and clicked the “open as administrator” option, this caused a windows pop up to appear, which I had to take off the headset to click using my mouse. When I walked over to my desk, my computer shut down- for no reason to my knowledge, as the power cord was secure and plugged in- and upon powering it on, it got stuck on the “ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE” screen. It also says “Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting, but neither pressing del, F2, or pressing any other button on my keyboard doesn’t seem to work. I’ve restarted the computer several times, with this same screen being shown. Pressing the power button seems to instantly cold boot it.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600k
Hard Drive: 1TB HDD
SSD: 240GB SSD (windows installed on this)
Cooling:
Cyberpower 550LC 120MM Watercooler
Case Fan 120MM
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370-P ATX Crossfire SATA 6 USB 3.1 LGA 1151 M.2
Power Supply: 800 Watt 80 Plus
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5

May 26, 2019
Update: if I press Del or F2, and wait a solid couple of minutes it does let me access the BIOS settings. In the Boot Menu it cannot detect any bootable devices, which seems concerning. I’ve tried taking the CMOS battery out and putting it back in and that didn’t seem to help. I’ve tried repairing my computer with a Windows Installation USB, which didn’t seem to work. I checked the SSD, which doesn’t seem to have anything unplugged on the side I can access, but my access to it is very limited due to the case. I’m at a loss for what to do here. I really don’t want to replace anything since I spend a decent amount of money on the Oculus Rift S, and I’m trying not to spend much to make up for it.