Question PC stuck on BIOS logo screen and second ram slot wont make computer boot.

vz3013

Prominent
Aug 3, 2022
Hello, Earlier I did a clean install on my PC, everything worked fine, and once I get the updates complete and everything, I restart the computer and it stays on a black screen for a very long time and wont get out, so I press the reset button on my computer and it starts but gets stuck on the American Megatrends BIOS screen, and never gets out, I did a clean install 2 more times and its always the same drill, I took the BIOS battery out and unplugged pc, waited for 2 minutes and that did no help except making my pc use internal graphics on reset settings, also when it gets stuck on the BIOS screen you cant enter BIOS it only lets you get to bios when mashing delete button nonstop when starting it, I thought it would help if I got more ram, earlier I had 4gb ram of ddr3, now I bought 2 8gb sticks of DDR3, now I had this problem before but I thought it was a ram stick problem, now I found out it isn't, the computer tries starting with the first stick of ram, but when the second ram gets inserted, the CPU fan spins slowly and never goes to actual cooling speed and it stays like that and the computer wont even try starting. had this problem with any kind of ram I put into the second slot, I have a Intel Pentium G3220 which supports 32gb or ram so 16gb of ram shouldn't be a problem for the CPU, I'm not a pro at pc's but can anyone help please?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Where did you source the installer for your OS? What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

the computer tries starting with the first stick of ram, but when the second ram gets inserted,
Considering how we've had people add components to a system that's powered up and running, I'm curious to know if that's what you're doing here. If so, please stop. If you're referring to adding ram to a powered down system after verifying that one stick allows the system to boot then you're in good hands.

vz3013

Prominent
Aug 3, 2022
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Where did you source the installer for your OS? What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

the computer tries starting with the first stick of ram, but when the second ram gets inserted,
Considering how we've had people add components to a system that's powered up and running, I'm curious to know if that's what you're doing here. If so, please stop. If you're referring to adding ram to a powered down system after verifying that one stick allows the system to boot then you're in good hands.

Esonic Mirco-ATX Form Factor B85 H81 BTC Bitcoin Mining Motherboard
Monitor: HP L1710
New Ram: 2x Gigastone 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Old Ram: x1 4gb 1600 MHz DDR3
CPU: Intel Pentium G3220
GPU: MSI, GTX 1080
Power Supply: RAIDMAX thunder rgb RX-735AP [R]
SSD Kingstone 256gb
The chassis doesn't have a model, it is a mining type chassis that is open from the the top

I have lots of experience downloading windows over the years, whether it was windows 95, 98, xp, etc, but anyways, I download it myself, using a genuine Windows 10 CD I did the instal fully correctly, I also did a clean install 2 more times and that same problem keeps reoccurring, I downloaded windows when I first got the pc too, used to work like brand new back then, now it doesn't at all.
I did format the main partition.

TRENDING THREADS