Question PC stuck on black screen after BIOS logo ?

Feb 6, 2021
So I was playing some games and by accident knocked some books over my PC, after that I’ve noticed that it was extremely slow, so I restarted the system and now I’m stuck in a black screen, I have a hdd so I’m afraid that I damaged it, things I’ve tried after reading ppl with the same problem:

Resitting the gpu and ram .
Tried with another sata cable.
Cleared cmos and tried getting in with the integrated graphics .

I’m able to enter the bios normally and the mouse and keyboard works, I don’t have another hard drive to try.
I’m thinking to download a windows 10 usb to repair it, I don’t wanna lose the data.

in the bios it shows the Hdd normally

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By knocking some books onto the PC, are you referring to knocking some heavy books from a height above the system while the system was not inside a chassis?

Considering that this is a troubleshooting thread, we're going to need a little more information. Please include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You can carry over the HDD to a donor system(desktop or use an enclosure if you have a laptop close by) and see if the HDD is detected in BIOS and allows you to access the drive.

At this point, if you have critical data on the HDD and you didn't back anything up, you will loose your data though I think the OS is the least of your problems, if the HDD is not visible in BIOS or doesn't allow you to boot, then you will need another HDD.

This is all assumption though.

You can try disconnecting system from wall socket and removing the CMOS battery before replacing said battery and then seeing if you can regain functionality with booting to OS GUI.

Feb 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By knocking some books onto the PC, are you referring to knocking some heavy books from a height above the system while the system was not inside a chassis?

Considering that this is a troubleshooting thread, we're going to need a little more information. Please include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You can carry over the HDD to a donor system(desktop or use an enclosure if you have a laptop close by) and see if the HDD is detected in BIOS and allows you to access the drive.

At this point, if you have critical data on the HDD and you didn't back anything up, you will loose your data though I think the OS is the least of your problems, if the HDD is not visible in BIOS or doesn't allow you to boot, then you will need another HDD.

This is all assumption though.

You can try disconnecting system from wall socket and removing the CMOS battery before replacing said battery and then seeing if you can regain functionality with booting to OS GUI.
[/QUOT

Hi thanks for the reply
My pc is in a chasis , I’ve tried plugging my friends hdd laptop on my pc and it works (I think I need an adapter to plug my pc Hdd in the laptop my hard drive it’s too big)
Cpu: i7 3770
Mobo: as rock h61m
Ram: 16gb ddr3
Hdd: wd 500gb
Gpu: Rx 580
Psu: Corsair 550w
Chasis: I don’t know it’s name it’s a cheap chasis

I’ve also tried the windows repair thing from a usb with win10 but it didn’t work