• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question PC stuck on DRAM led when booting

Jun 9, 2020
This is the second time having this issue but last night the power flickered a few times and ended up staying on but when I went to boot my pc this afternoon it wouldn’t post so I figured it was the same issue as last time. I thought it was my power supply unit last time as it was kind of crappy for my specs so I went a bought a new one (a Corsair rm 650x) and that didn’t fix it until I flipped the mem ok switch on the motherboard to off. That got the system booted and thought I was fine and it worked for like a month until today.

The PC will turn on and all the lights and fans work and the CPU led light flashes red, then the DRAM led flashes yellow, and they flash a second time and then turn off and it doesn’t post. PC has worked perfectly fine before, only have issues after a power outage and it’s always that scenario above. It is plugged into a surge protector (albeit the same one but I bought a new one).

Specs:
Intel i7-9700k
EVGA GTX 2070 Super
ASUS Prime Z390-A
Team T-Force Delta RBG 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200
Corsair RM 650x

ASK THE COMMUNITY