Question PC stuck on mobo logo screen when booting after some hardware changes ?

vassilios

Honorable
Jan 20, 2017
Hello

Can’t boot, pc is stuck on mobo logo. No spinning no bars, no windows logo.

I changed the mobo, CPU, RAM, and added an M.2 SSD

I removed all other drives and did a fresh Windows install on the M.2 SSD. I was able to get to Windows. I plugged in an Ethernet cable to see if I could connect, didn’t update anything, I just shut down at that point.

Now, whether booting from bios or directly, it gets stuck at the mobo logo.

Msi b550m pro vdh wifi
5600x

In bios the boot sequence is correct and all hardware is recognized, cpu, ram, gpu, showing cpu temps. Only thing I’ve tried so far is starting with no peripherals.

Guess I should try removing gpu and reseat ram while im in there. I may have mixed up a case fan plug- in as well. Anyone have other ideas?

Thanks much.

borris618

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
As you said yourselfe try to reseat the ram, but if it gets recognized it should not be that.
I would also try to restore factory default in bios.
If the firmware is old try to install the newest.

vassilios

Honorable
Jan 20, 2017
As you said yourselfe try to reseat the ram, but if it gets recognized it should not be that.
I would also try to restore factory default in bios.
If the firmware is old try to install the newest.
Thanks for the help, I have tried reseating ram including swapping which slots I use, and I have restored defaults in bios and reset cmos battery.

Something interesting is that after I install windows from the usb, i am able to restart and it will go back to windows. It’s only after I completely shut down that it won’t boot a 2nd time.

The physical install of windows is like 7 years old. I notice when I get in, I can connect to internet, I can log into my Microsoft account, but updates are failing. I a gojng to try manually installing a more recent cumulative update and see if that does anything.

vassilios

Honorable
Jan 20, 2017
reporting back for anyone who may someday have this issue - my retail copy of windows was simply too old- I created a new install USB using the windows tool to do so, and with a more recent version of windows to start from, I was able to get things going without issue.

pc dopey

Commendable
Mar 7, 2021
Hello

Can’t boot, pc is stuck on mobo logo. No spinning no bars, no windows logo.

I changed the mobo, CPU, RAM, and added an M.2 SSD

I removed all other drives and did a fresh Windows install on the M.2 SSD. I was able to get to Windows. I plugged in an Ethernet cable to see if I could connect, didn’t update anything, I just shut down at that point.

Now, whether booting from bios or directly, it gets stuck at the mobo logo.

Msi b550m pro vdh wifi
5600x

In bios the boot sequence is correct and all hardware is recognized, cpu, ram, gpu, showing cpu temps. Only thing I’ve tried so far is starting with no peripherals.

Guess I should try removing gpu and reseat ram while im in there. I may have mixed up a case fan plug- in as well. Anyone have other ideas?

Thanks much.

Last time that happened to me. Ctrl,alt,delete re-booted everything