Question PC stuck on MOBO splash screen.

May 20, 2019
PC was working perfectly fine when all the power at my house went out. After all the power came back on I hooked the PC back up and tried to start it. As soon as it turns on it goes to the ASUS splash screen were it tells you to press F2 to boot in bios.

As soon as I get to this ASUS splash screen the PC freezes. Can't boot into bios or safe mode loading HDD light doesn't come on or blink. I could turn the PC off and on a hundred times and still can't get the Advanced Troubleshooting menu to appear. Can't check drivers, can't get into bios, can't do system restore.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong or what to check for.

Brand new PC I built about 1 month ago.
Amd Ryzen 7
Rx 580 8GB
ASUS MOBO ( don't remember model)
32 GB Corsair Ram
800 watt Corsair PSU

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well having a sudden shutdown to a computer is it a good idea at all.. i would assume something got damaged through that but not sure what exactly.
Can you try to breadboard the motherboard? put the bare minimum, like CPU, CPU cooler 1 stick of ram and a GPU incase you dont have IGPU and see if it works.

May 20, 2019
Can you try to breadboard the motherboard? put the bare minimum, like CPU, CPU cooler 1 stick of ram and a GPU incase you dont have IGPU and see if it works.

That's my next move. Strip everything and go piece by piece to see if I can pinpoint the issue. I feel it might be RAM or HDD. Just wanted to see if anyone had similar issue or knew a work around to get the PC to boot before I go through the long process of taking everything out and back in.

Thanks for your help. I'm gonna try barebones and post back with any results.

TRENDING THREADS