Question Pc stuck on motherboard splash page

papa_gepetto

Commendable
Oct 19, 2019
Hi. I went to turn on my PC last night and was greeted with the motherboard splash page, followed by a loading screen that doesn't go away. I have a gigabyte z97x-gaming motherboard. I read that it could be that the windows installed on my SSD could be corrupt. Attempted to format and install windows 10 on a USB drive to reinstall. My bios recognizes "UEFI SANDISK", however when I try to boot, I get a loading screen that does not end. Sometimes, randomly, the windows logo will flash on the screen for a few moments, then cut to a black screen (no loading icon) when trying to boot from USB or original SSD.

I have tried adjusting various settings on the bios, such as disabling secure boot and fast boot, and setting bios settings to "UEFI only". At this point I am all out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions before I give in and contact a PC repair tech?

Lutfij

Titan
Does the SSD you speak of in your build, show up in BIOS's bootable devices? For your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on? Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for your OS? Did you try recreating the installer to rule out the installer being(old) or corrupt? I'd try and take the assumed culprit SSD out of your system(while it's powered down and disconnected from the wall) and take it over to a donor system to see if the SSD is functional.

I had a recent event where an SSD refused to boot to the OS, in spite of showing up in BIOS and also showing in OS install window however every time I tried to format the drive and it's relevant partitions, it refused to budge. No partitions ever were formatted or deleted. I chalked it up to a faulty SSD or the controller per se. Took it to seller, explained the situation and they gave me an instant replacement.

In your case, I'd keep your seller informed and perhaps be prepared for an RMA.

papa_gepetto

Commendable
Oct 19, 2019
Does the SSD you speak of in your build, show up in BIOS's bootable devices? For your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on? Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for your OS? Did you try recreating the installer to rule out the installer being(old) or corrupt? I'd try and take the assumed culprit SSD out of your system(while it's powered down and disconnected from the wall) and take it over to a donor system to see if the SSD is functional.

I had a recent event where an SSD refused to boot to the OS, in spite of showing up in BIOS and also showing in OS install window however every time I tried to format the drive and it's relevant partitions, it refused to budge. No partitions ever were formatted or deleted. I chalked it up to a faulty SSD or the controller per se. Took it to seller, explained the situation and they gave me an instant replacement.

In your case, I'd keep your seller informed and perhaps be prepared for an RMA.
At first, the original SSD was not showing up on boot menu, but then, after I had removed all USB's from back of the PC, all of my HDDS and SSDS showed up in boot menu.

I got the windows media creation tool from windows official website, made sure that the USB I used has been formatted to FAT32, and also attempted to reformat the USB and reinstall windows on the USB drive once it didn't work the first time.

Motherboard says bios version is F8

If the reason that my PC won't start is due to a faulty SSD, that still doesn't explain why a USB that has windows installed won't allow me to even get into the installation menu from my computer. I have plenty of other drives to install windows on, I just can't reach the installer when booting from bios