Question PC stuttering after few gaming hours

Jan 2, 2021
Hi guys!

Actually, I am facing PC stuttering/fps drop after few straight hours of gaming (after 3-4 hours). Whenever I restart the PC and go back to gaming, stuttering stops but it re-happens again after few hours of gaming.
I know this is something annoying but I couldn't know what the problem really is.
I applied new thermal paste and bought new CPU fan yet still same problem. In addition, graphics card drivers are always updated.

PC specs:
GPU: MSI Geforce RTX2060
CPU: i7 9700F
CPU fan: Msi core frozr L
Mb: Msi B360M gaming plus

Noting that CPU temperature while gaming is around 60° and GPU around 75-80°.

Thanks for any help!

all parts are used 1 month till a year so is my PSU ( thermaltake 650W RGB litepower).
sorry but what do you mean by make mode?
Sorry...I meant make and model....lol
Many times....with this...
" I am facing PC stuttering/fps drop after few straight hours of gaming (after 3-4 hours "
it is temps or voltages (although it still can be something else).....and being your temps are good I would suspect voltages.
In general, as psus heat up they are less capable.
The quickest thing would be to swap a PSU in....but if you don't have one like most people.....you could check the voltages in the BIOS....but this isn't all that ideal because you aren't under load.
You can check voltages under load with HWInfo.
They need to stay with 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3 always...even under heavy load.

Jan 2, 2021
I couldnt monitor the voltages since I am new to the HWInfo.
Is there any other way to monitor it? Also I just noticed that the PSU fan might need to be cleaned maybe from dust, can this may be the problem ?

The fan could cause the problem if your temps were high...but the temps you stated aren't high.

To check the voltages in HWInfo....when it starts...you have to make sure the "sensors" check box is clicked and then look under the motherboard section for the voltages.

Voltages look good on idle.

Yes....check it while gaming.....and pay close attention to the LOW voltage readings because that's most likely where the voltages will go when you are gaming....they generally go lower. If they get too low....then crashing or stuttering can be had.

The 12 shouldn't go below 11.4,
The 5 shouldn't go below 4.75.
the 3.3 shouldn't go below 3.14.

Aug 4, 2020
I had a similar problem and I believe what I am about to suggest may fix so many problems for others. I tried everything to cure stutter, even changing every part of my PC and then building a new one! I tried last night playing with the ram, stutters were there but I noticed a change in how often or where they would happen based on changing ram settings. It turned out to be the vccio/vccsa voltage. My ram was stable in that it would pass every single test and never crash, yet would still stutter in games, because the power it needed was more than what was being supplied. I upped vccsa to 1.31v and vccio to 1.25v for 4000mhz and the situation was transformed. No more stutters. I have a 10700k so depending on your cpu silicon quality, your imc may need more or less depending on ram speed. If at 3200mhz or above, I suggest trying 1.3v/1.25v sa/io and going from there. Good luck.

Jul 30, 2020
No problem. Go into the bios for your motherboard. Keep pressing delete on start up to get in. In there go to overclocking settings on most bios. Look for voltages. Find vccsa and vccio. Set them to 1.3 sa and 1.25 io. If the stuttering goes or lessens, you know it was caused by this. You can google how to set voltages on your motherboard brand.

Jul 30, 2020
It is considered safe up to 1.35v for sa and 1.3v for io. If it works you can try reducing them again gradually until the stuttering comes back, then you will know exactly at what voltage it becomes unstable.

Jan 2, 2021
I just checked the bios but I found within the voltage setting something called DRAM voltage which has a 1.220V and PCH voltage with a 1.052V.
Should I adjust the DRAM to 1.3 and PCH to 1.25?

Jul 30, 2020
I have my vccsa and vccio voltage listed where your voltage is. Look for another section where you can set voltages. I have an msi z490 meg ace. Bios looks same as yours with more options. You should be able to set them voltages. Which board you have?

Jul 30, 2020
I think that's why. B series doesn't allow memory speed higher than 2666mhz. I don't think it's an overclocking board. If I were you I'd try get a cheap z390 board. You'll have all the options there. I recommend msi personally.

Jan 2, 2021
oh okay.
So there is no other way to fix the stuttering for now unless I change to another mobo and adjust the voltages?
and could this limitation of memory speed cause this crashing also or what issues can it cause?