Question PC stuttering after few gaming hours

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 2, 2021
Hi guys!

Actually, I am facing PC stuttering/fps drop after few straight hours of gaming (after 3-4 hours). Whenever I restart the PC and go back to gaming, stuttering stops but it re-happens again after few hours of gaming.
I know this is something annoying but I couldn't know what the problem really is.
I applied new thermal paste and bought new CPU fan yet still same problem. In addition, graphics card drivers are always updated.

PC specs:
GPU: MSI Geforce RTX2060
CPU: i7 9700F
CPU fan: Msi core frozr L
Mb: Msi B360M gaming plus

Noting that CPU temperature while gaming is around 60° and GPU around 75-80°.

Thanks for any help!

Jan 2, 2021
Hi again!
I tested it again while gaming for straight hours but I noticed that the stuttering and the crash are sitll available after 3-4 hours.
any idea what could be the problem?

Jan 2, 2021
Hi guys!

I just want to share with you my issue to check if someone can help me find out my stuttering/fps drop.
This happens whenever I play for like 3-4 straight hours, then i restart my pc again to play for 3-4 before it does the same issue.
Does anyone know if this is related to SSD/HDD? and is there any test to do to check the performance?

Thanks in advance.