[SOLVED] PC stuttering and audio glitches

JD3rpz

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
I recently upgraded from a ryzen 5 1500x to a ryzen 7 3700x. Everything was working flawlessly for the first day. It wasn't until the next day that I left my pc for a bit and got back to pc stuttering and glitchy audio. Ive never had this issue with the old cpu so this is new to me.

I've tried clearing CMOS, reinserting ram one by one, inserting an old DDR4-2600 ram stick, updating GPU drivers, and updating all motherboard drivers including chipset and Realtek HD audio drivers. The only thing that worked for a bit was disabling AMD high definition audio devices, but that seems to just make things a bit better. I've also noticed that eventually, the issue stops if I go idle on my computer and don't mess with it after a startup. Temps hit low 50s when idle, not going above 55, and no more than 78 when gaming if that is relevant.

Specs:
MSI B350M Gaming Pro (Flashed to latest BIOS)
Gigabyte Aorus rx570
Ryzen 7 3700x
2 x 8gb DDR4-3200 G. Skill Ripjaws V series
EVGA bronze certified 600w

Solution
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance.

Watch what is happening (or not happening) during times of idleness and times of stuttering.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what process is using the resource.

Remember you can sort the columns that have a small upward or downward pointing arrow in the column header.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance.

Watch what is happening (or not happening) during times of idleness and times of stuttering.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what process is using the resource.

Remember you can sort the columns that have a small upward or downward pointing arrow in the column header.

Reactions: JD3rpz
Solution