[SOLVED] PC stuttering and audio tearing every other time I turn it on?

Aug 20, 2020
So ever since around the time windows forced Microsoft Edge onto everyone's PC I've been experiencing pc stuttering and audio tearing that last about a 1/3 of a second every second. Here is the weird thing, I only get the stutters and audio tearing every other time I turn on my PC, meaning I restart and it goes away and then the next time I turn the PC off and on again the problem reoccurs. Also it stops me from shutting my PC down completely, it turns everything off (Monitors, mouse, keyboard) but my RGB and Fans are still going.

I've had this for a while now but I'm certain it's nothing I installed that is causing this and it started happening back when windows forced microsoft edge, also I have launched my PC in safe mode and the problem didn't occur.

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Especially PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Could be heat related. Stuttering and lag when cold. Restart into a warmed up system and something has expanded and perhaps making a tighter connection.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Ensure that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Check both visually and by feel to gently rock into place.

Next:

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both but only one at a time.

Observe when there is no stuttering and lag and then again when the stuttering and lag is occurring.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and by what...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Especially PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Could be heat related. Stuttering and lag when cold. Restart into a warmed up system and something has expanded and perhaps making a tighter connection.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Ensure that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Check both visually and by feel to gently rock into place.

Next:

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both but only one at a time.

Observe when there is no stuttering and lag and then again when the stuttering and lag is occurring.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and by what.

Look for some difference between stuttering and lag vs no stuttering and no lag.

Solution