PC Stuttering at 60 FPS

Seithrblue

Honorable
Jul 14, 2014
My pc always runs games at 60 fps but there is always this random stutter almost like a mini freeze that lasts .5 seconds so its really quick but its annoying since I can clearly see it since its all smooth. I've been having this issue in every game but I notice it in some more than others. The games I notice it a lot is in Skyrim, Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 2 and Stalker. The only game I have ever been able to play without getting annoyed was "Shadow of Mordor"

My Specs are:
Intel I5-4670 CPU(4cpus) 3.40GHz
8GB RAM
GPU:GTX 770
PSU: Corsair 750Watt

This problem has always been there and im really looking to resolve this since im stumped and have tried everything and I am in need of Idea thank you.

Solution
a few dips in the fps is ok, not often though, juts a few. and 54 is ok. you cannot have 60 all the time, even high end rigs suffer from stuttering sometimes.its more on the game itself not the hw that you have. if it's >30, personally i think its ok.
if you have some funds, look for an ssd, even 120gb would be enough. just put the os there and 1-2 games that you like
some cards (or drivers) suffer from micro stuttering, but last i heard of this was in AMD cards i think.

with that, try using older driver. or maybe it happens when an area is being loaded? like a new map area perhaps? though i don't see that happening on csGo, more on skyrim or witcher2.
maybe it's a connection issue?

Seithrblue

Honorable
Jul 14, 2014
That's what I thought it was, connection issues but it doesn't feel like it. I was telling a friend if his game wasn't being smooth and all he said was he had no problems and we both had around the same ping.

Seithrblue

Honorable
Jul 14, 2014
But yeah that's exactly how it feels though, it feels like something is loading up and it causes that little mini freeze(skyrim) but it does it indoors also so I don't know.

Seithrblue

Honorable
Jul 14, 2014
I just finished play CS:GO and it was really smooth and the fps would instantly go to 60 to 59 super fast, im not sure If that's odd or not but there was only 1 small mini freeze while playing. I switched over to skyrim and well lol 60 to 54 fps drops lol

fps was on 54fps on skyrim? if it does not dip too low, i don't think it's an issue, skyrim is a demanding game esp with the mods. and it is not exactly a well polished game (we still buy it even though we know its buggy, it's a good game)

try lowering the settings to mid, just try it. do you have ssd? not saying that it would help, but it would eliminate the hdd (it is slow) in the equation. use the ssd if you have it (it will take time though as you might have to reinstall).

a few hicups is fine i think. but if it happens often then that is not right

a few dips in the fps is ok, not often though, juts a few. and 54 is ok. you cannot have 60 all the time, even high end rigs suffer from stuttering sometimes.its more on the game itself not the hw that you have. if it's >30, personally i think its ok.
if you have some funds, look for an ssd, even 120gb would be enough. just put the os there and 1-2 games that you like

Solution

AndrewDEawesome

Reputable
May 26, 2014
I had the same problem also. I was getting 40 fps with a gtx 770, but updating the drivers seemed to do the trick. Also, I tend to run the Heaven Benchmark whenever I boot. This "Wakes Up" my PC and somehow takes my computer out of Idle mode. I also use a CPU unparker program. This allows me to set the minimum cpu speed, which is great for gaming.

CPU Unparker: http://coderbag.com/programming-c/cpu-core-parking-manager
Heaven BenchMark: https://unigine.com/products/heaven/

AndrewDEawesome

Reputable
May 26, 2014
ugh, here a more detailed version. 404 not found. (;-;)

I had the same problem also. I was getting 40 fps with a gtx 770 in BF4, but I found a couple tricks.
1. Try Repairing/ Re-Installing your game. This helped a ton in BF4, as the game wasn't recognizing my graphics card for some reason.
2. Try restarting your computer. A fresh boot always helps :)
3. Try Running Heaven Benchmark after a fresh boot. This pushes your parts to the limit, thus taking your PC out of the idle/derp mode it is currently in.
4. Use a CPU unparker. This particular program allows me to set the minimum cpu speed, which is great for combating window's cpu parking thing.

CPU unparker: http://coderbag.com/programming-c/cpu-core-parking-manager
Heaven Benchmark: https://unigine.com/products/heaven/

And about your frames, make sure you HDMI cable is plugged into your graphics card. A gtx 770 SHOULD NOT get anything below 60 fps in a low resource game like csgo.

As with the internet lag, always use an ethernet cable and use a DNS server.
DNS server video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjkwHn_LE30

Seithrblue

Honorable
Jul 14, 2014
I figured out why I thought there was a lot of stutter in CS:GO online, rats kinda bit my Ethernet cable causing me to have unstable connection. And as for stuttering/minifreezes in skyrim and other games well Conz maybe right about me needing to try out a ssd, but is it like this for everyone who has an HDD?