Sep 28, 2020
My PC Build

Mobo : Crosshair VI Hero
RAM: TridentZ 2x 16gb 3200 mhz
GPU: 1080 TI FE
CPU: Ryzen 3900x
PSU: Corsair RX 1000

Issue :

While doing anything on my computer im getting stuttering. Much less noticeable while not gaming but while gaming every few minutes i get what the game thinks is Network Issues, game basically freezes for 1 or 2 seconds, then boom! back in and everything working as if nothing happened... until it happens again!

I've tried replacing some parts that I thought may be causing my issue and tried a bunch of online pc setting changes w/ game mode and such, all with no success.

I have a picture of some MSI Afterburner graphs that im not sure if it looks right to me. It was taken while idle doing nothing,

MSI Afterburner Statistics

^ Wouldn't let me insert pic so here's IMGUR Link

Due to this bothering me for quite some time, If you have any knowledge/expertise that may assist this problem, it will be most greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Edit :

Just for clarification, this is an issue that is happening during anything i use my computer for :( . Whether I'm trying to do coding in Visual Studio or playing League of Legends. Its just for some reason the Online games I play recognize it as a Network Problem, the offline games just do the 1-2 sec skip, and I know there's no way I'm fully making use of 1 Gb Down and 35Mb Up on the wire.

Last edited:
Not sure if I read that right, but those graphs don't look like anything but desktop usage.
If you think it's network usage, try a game that isn't running online. Or run some benchmarks. (Just to see if the issue happens there as well and if your score is around where your hardware should be)

Sep 28, 2020
Not sure if I read that right, but those graphs don't look like anything but desktop usage.
If you think it's network usage, try a game that isn't running online. Or run some benchmarks. (Just to see if the issue happens there as well and if your score is around where your hardware should be)
Thank you for the input. I wasn't sure if that was the way my graph was suppose to look while idle. Just seemed weird to me that while doing nothing I could have such fluxuation in memory and power.

Sep 28, 2020
check cpu/gpu temp?
ssd/ram usage?
malware scan the system?
did you do a fresh os install for this ryzen 3900x build?

I did a malware scan with Malwarebytes
I kept an eye on my temps with HW Info and everything sitting at a calm 50c-60c
My usage is clear towards the bottom.

yes i did do a fresh install of windows with the new 3900x. Right after i got it.

Would it be possible a secondary bad hard drive or power supply would cause this issue?