Question PC stuttering / freezing under low load

Feb 1, 2020
what is happening?
every time that i open a program , or browsing in chrome , doesnt matter the browser, the whole system freeze for like 0.2 second,in some rare ocasions the system freeze completely and i am forced to hard reset. but when i am playing battlefield 4, cs go i dont have any issue at all .

what i already did
i stressed my whole system for more than two hour with prime95,furmark,occt and my pc didnt turn off or froze, so i dont think it is related with temperature or psu.
tested my memory with memtest over night and it showed 0 errors with 4 pass.
i did a fresh install of windows 10.
installed the chipset driver,audio drivers,lan drivers etc, installed old and new drivers of my gpu.
update my bios to the latest version (f50).
disabled xmp.
reseted bios to default settings.

when it started to happen
it all started last week after i upgraded to a ryzen 5 2600, GA AB350m ds3h v2, 2x8 HyperX Fury 8GB 2400MHz DDR4.

here is the Video if you want to see the problem in action.
i dont know what to do more, some ideas?

my setup
OS
windows 10 1909
cpu ryzen 5 2600
storage ssd 240gb a400 kingston
gpu r7 260x gigabyte
memory 2x8 HyperX Fury 8GB 2400MHz DDR4
psu corsair cx500
motherboard GA AB350m ds3h v2

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is your Corsair CX500 unit? What were your specs prior to the upgrade? As a side note, I'm assuming that you updated the BIOS gradually, working your way through all updates to reach F50?

Feb 1, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is your Corsair CX500 unit? What were your specs prior to the upgrade? As a side note, I'm assuming that you updated the BIOS gradually, working your way through all updates to reach F50?
thanks for your help,my old specs was a core i3 2120,ga h61m s1,2x4 ddr3, my corsair cx 500 i bought in 2015, so i think it is at lest 5 years old, and yes, i updated the bios gradually.