Question PC Stuttering Issue, I've tested each component and it still persists. I am so lost.

Aug 17, 2020
Hey all, I've got a serious issue with my PC that I've been trying to fix for a week, and cannot for the life of me solve. It started last Tuesday morning, and the only notable things that occurred in the days prior were installing Doom Eternal, updating the graphics card drivers, and updating windows. I have already done (in my opinion) every single solution to fix this issue- it is even stuttering as I type this. The stutters lock all inputs into the computer, and causes it to freeze up for a fraction of a second. This problem did not occur at all prior to last Tuesday, and occurs every 2 minutes on average. Here is an image of my performance in Task Manager when the stutter happens, it is related to a spike in CPU usage, and the disk usage spiked as well.

I initially thought it was a software malfunction, so I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on an ISO file from early July (earlier build of Windows 10), and only ran one game, with steam, on the new install- the stuttering was still apparent.

Here are my PC specs:
MoBo: Asus Z370 A
CPU: i7 8700k (no OC)
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: [New] Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Storage: [New] Samsung Evo 250GB
Mouse: [Tested on a new and old one] Razer Death Adder
Keyboard: Razer Black Widow
Mic: Blue Yeti with Seinheiser HD 569 hooked up.
I run a dual monitor setup with one 1080p DVI connection at 144hz, and another on an HDMI cable at 1080p 60 Hz.

Now, here's what I have done to try and identify the problem. I have done a clean install of windows twice, once with the restore function built in, and the other with an ISO file and formatting the drives. I have even tested it on a brand new SSD (with a brand new SATA cable). I tested an old i5 6600k on an Asus Z170, and it didn't fix the issue. I tested my old GTX 970 and it didn't fix it either. I assumed it was a RAM issue, and installed new RAM, but no dice. I have rolled back Nvidia drivers, but it didn't change anything. All of the testing, save for the part I exchanged, was done on the system as is. (with the same PSU etc.). I also have a TP Link Network card installed as well, if that's relevant.

In the end, I am completely baffled- I'm at my wits end searching for a solution. If anyone has some insight, or can shed any light on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Aug 17, 2020
how full is the ssd?
Thanks for the reply.
The one I'm using now has 50 GB free of 250. The one I was using before had only Windows installed on it, and was 120GB. Since the stuttering was not happening prior to last week, and there was no change in the storage available on it, I don't think it's part of the problem.