Nov 19, 2015
-OS 8.1 pro
-I7 4770k
-GTX 780ti
-DDR3 16GB of ram
-OCZ MODXSTREAM PRO 700W PSU
-Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
-HDD Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM 64MB Sata 3

Iv had this pc about 2 years and it used to be fine till about September late august of last year it lags and stutters on just about any game and i cant watch YouTube videos at 60fps its like watching a picture album. When i restart my pc its fine 700+ fps on CSGO and about 5 mins later the frames just drop to 120ish and fluctuation from 120 to 20 so i cap it at 60 cause its tolerable but still drops to 20 sometimes lower and i cant figure out what the issue is for the life of me any help would be great.

CPU temp 90C while on desktop

Solution
your CPU is throttling badly... Re apply thermal paste (remove old paste) and then check temps... Dont even run your pc if the temps are that high unless you want to cause permanent damage to your CPU.

If the temps stay high then check to make sure the cooler is working and that the cooler is touching the CPU.

If your cooler is broken get a cyrorig h7 for 35$ i have one for my i7 4790k and it stay at 50C maximum while in a 96 vs 96 battle in planetside 2 on max settings while listening to music talking in skype and on Tom's Hardware :p
Looks like the cpu is throttling due to high temps. It should not be running at 90C at idle. Your cpu fan may have quit. Open the case and check if it's spinning and if the heatsink is caked with dust. If you want to upgrade your cooler try Cryorig H7, good quality and not expensive.

assassin445522

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
your CPU is throttling badly... Re apply thermal paste (remove old paste) and then check temps... Dont even run your pc if the temps are that high unless you want to cause permanent damage to your CPU.

If the temps stay high then check to make sure the cooler is working and that the cooler is touching the CPU.

If your cooler is broken get a cyrorig h7 for 35$ i have one for my i7 4790k and it stay at 50C maximum while in a 96 vs 96 battle in planetside 2 on max settings while listening to music talking in skype and on Tom's Hardware :p

Solution